Question for those of you who have Huskeys or Malamutes that pull

gypsy2621

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
New Hampshire
Does anyone know or have a link where some one can buy a training sled?
Its basically a Sled with wheels that a puppy/older dog can pull with ease in the summer and fall months.
I remember seeing one eons ago but not sure they are still being produced or offred for sale
Thank You in advance.

Maine Made does custom sleds. They could probably put wheels on a lightweight sled for you.

I just have my dogs pull draft carts in spring/summer/fall. Got our carting equipment from these fine folks. I highly recommend their harnesses/tack supplies. Of course, I don't have Huskies/Malamutes, I have a Pyrenees and a Newfoundland, so they are used to draft work more than sledding. The trick with carting if the dogs are used to pulling sleds is, the carts go a lot faster than sleds, they will try to run with the cart and you need to teach them to slooooow down.

Thank You for the links, those aer very nice products. I especially like the Biothane products.
Now to yell at my brother in law. I asked him about harnesses and carts and the dope said he didnt know anywhere.
come to find out the first Company is only a few streets away from him in Vassalboro, ugh the nit wit.

Gypsey..a while back on craigslist i saw some of this stuff for sale. maybe try to do a search on craigslist and see what pops up. good luck.

I never gave craigs list a thought, generally I only go in there and get PO'D. I truely dislike that site.
but for the good of the puppy I may have to , I just need to stay away from the pets section. I hate the loser excuses for dumping animals.

Was that Mass or NH craigs list, that would make the search easier.
thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry, i cant remember which state it was..i go in both Mass and NH.
tongue.png
But i think the ad was from Maine.. Try all of them. And i hear ya about the pets section! What a bunch of freaks!
rant.gif
Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom