Question legs 3 1/2 wk quail

WhiteWilley

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 22, 2016
She was a later hatch. Separated her from the rest of the birds they were picking on her. Besides being a little smaller her toes were like curled under on one of her feet. I know how birds can be so I was already under the impression I was gonna have to keep her myself just as a pet because they weren’t really going to be accepting of her which was fine. Overtime she started walking really good hopping around was getting around wonderful. Seem like a strong little bird. Then all of a sudden something went wrong and I think it’s because she’s growing it’s such a fast pace her legs weren’t strong enough to hold up her weight maybe? Either way she has one leg pulling her around and the other is hanging behind and I don’t know what to do. I don’t even know if there’s a way to fix it. this is our first time raising quail. I usually just doing chickens/silkies. My dad has been working with adult quail and we decided to incubate some babies. They are very different than chickens of course… I don’t know if she’s too big to do the glass jar or what I should do but I really want to see her make it. I do understand that she’ll probably never be able to go with the other birds and that’s fine I’m willing to keep her behind as my little sidekick. needless to say hatching quail haven’t been as great as an experience as chickens. Been a to n Of heart break. I won’t do this again. But I do want to save her. If they’re not suffering the. We keep them and do whatever we have to to meet their needs and give them the best life possible. I have a chicken that I tote in and out everyday bc she had leg issues later in life. The rest are doing great. They’re getting ready to go to my dads to their permanent home. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Attachments

• C81F3362-7DD7-432B-84CE-9ED15F6D758A.jpeg
    C81F3362-7DD7-432B-84CE-9ED15F6D758A.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 2
It's hard to see, can you feel the inside of the leg near the hip if there is blood supply there? Are there any injuries from the other keets.

Are her toes still curled on the one foot?

Back
Top Bottom