Question of the Day - Monday, April 29th, 2024

Pics
My siblings have had so many different kinds of gameboys and DS. Most of them would still be floating around somewhere here and would still work.
My local game stop still has shelves full of cartridges, and even some Gameboys. I'm tempted to buy up a couple different game boys and classic games so that my future kids can see what my childhood consisted of. Kinda like how my parents lament that I never had an arcade childhood.

Youre Getting Old Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

I don't know, I don't buy the electronics in our house...but I remember our first computer, a Dell like this:
1714443353509.png

I loved writing on that thing. Unfortunately, my parents threw it out when I was a teenager.

I think my laptop is from 2016, bless its hard drive, it needs plugged in constantly and the hinges are broke. But it keeps plugging along. I've bought new ones but they're so slow and glitchy.
Still have a few Walkmans.
Oh, and a few Gameboys, ds's etc.

I think my laptop is from 2016, bless its hard drive, it needs plugged in constantly and the hinges are broke. But it keeps plugging along. I've bought new ones but they're so slow and glitchy.
Still have a few Walkmans.
If you have one of those new laptops, make sure you get one with at least 16GB of RAM. With Intel CPUs, I'd get a Core i5, AMD not certain but I think Ryzen 5 is a equivalent (someone more knowledgeable can correctify me here). Also, make sure you get rid of all the installed bloatware, or, because most modern laptops have the key built in, wipe it and install a fresh copy of windows. Makes them so much better. My Vista HP is a lot happier with a fresh install of Vista rather than all the HP trash.

Make sure the battery isn't bloating on your laptop. If it's slightly bulging, that battery needs to be replaced.

If you have one of those new laptops, make sure you get one with at least 16GB of RAM. With Intel CPUs, I'd get a Core i5, AMD not certain but I think Ryzen 5 is a equivalent (someone more knowledgeable can correctify me here). Also, make sure you get rid of all the installed bloatware, or, because most modern laptops have the key built in, wipe it and install a fresh copy of windows. Makes them so much better. My Vista HP is a lot happier with a fresh install of Vista rather than all the HP trash.

Make sure the battery isn't bloating on your laptop. If it's slightly bulging, that battery needs to be replaced.
The one that doesn't have a battery....they don't even make the battery anymore....
I've deleted bloatware, turned off Cortana (which takes an absurd amount of ram, turns itself on every update), completely deleted/disabled all pre-installed software. Yet it still struggles to play just mp3s without a struggle.
I bought it during 2022, when pickings were slim and I thought mine was dying. It's been like this since the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom