Question on cross bred rooster and red pyle silkie rooster

Oisin

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2016
Ireland
Hi everyone so I've had chickens for years and I would like to think I know a good bit at this stage however what I'm going to ask us what I'm unsure about.
Last year I crossed a copper maran rooster and barred rock hen to give me sexlinks and I kept one barred rooster out of the hatches. This year I have crossed the barred rooster with another barred rock hen but all the chicks so far hatched have white spots on their head are these roosters because each one of the 6 to hatch have white spots on their head.

next is will a red pyle Silkie rooster x white hen give me red pyle chicks

thanks for your time to look and help

Last year I crossed a copper maran rooster and barred rock hen to give me sexlinks and I kept one barred rooster out of the hatches. This year I have crossed the barred rooster with another barred rock hen but all the chicks so far hatched have white spots on their head are these roosters because each one of the 6 to hatch have white spots on their head.

No, you cannot use sexlinks to make the same kind of sex link. If they are all male that is pure coincidence. All males will be barred because of the barred hen. That rooster will give barring to some of his offspring, male or female, and will not give barring to soem, all random.

next is will a red pyle Silkie rooster x white hen give me red pyle chicks

I don't know. There are different ways genetically to make white. What you will get partly depends on which way is used and partly what may be hiding under that white.

Back
Top Bottom