Rubberducky3

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2018
I have 5 eggs. The first egg pipped in day 25 and took 49 hours to hatch. Then 3 more hatched after that. I have on left in the incubator. I can hear him in his shell peeping but the incubator is so dirty and smells bad from the other 4 that hatched. Is bacteria a problem? Will it make him sick? I can’t see very well but it doesn’t look like he’s made any progress. I don’t want to interfere because my first one took 49 hours and is super healthy, when does a dirty incubator become a problem?
Thanks!

I've done 9 chickens eggs in your Janoel 12 bator...with up to twoish days between all hatches...They poop everywhere and they have egg everything... The stench is terrible when I open it! I have never had issues with the last one coming out due to bacteria, the shell has a coating on it that's "supposed" to help with that. Other folks have incubators that hatch way more than 9 eggs, and they seem to do well also. I think per incubation, dirty incubators pose no problems... but between incubations, sanitation is extremely necessary. Before and after.
good luck on your last chick! If it's having issues and doesn't want to come out, don't force it! If it takes too long and you know there's been an internal ip, you might think about a breathing hole (safety hole), but that's a discussion between you and the pros, as I've never done that before.

ryn.

I've done 9 chickens eggs in your Janoel 12 bator...with up to twoish days between all hatches...They poop everywhere and they have egg everything... The stench is terrible when I open it! I have never had issues with the last one coming out due to bacteria, the shell has a coating on it that's "supposed" to help with that. Other folks have incubators that hatch way more than 9 eggs, and they seem to do well also. I think per incubation, dirty incubators pose no problems... but between incubations, sanitation is extremely necessary. Before and after.
good luck on your last chick! If it's having issues and doesn't want to come out, don't force it! If it takes too long and you know there's been an internal ip, you might think about a breathing hole (safety hole), but that's a discussion between you and the pros, as I've never done that before.

ryn.
Thank you!! I believe he pipped externally but it’s hard to see. I just worry because I opened the incubator to take the others out so I’m scared I shrink wrapped him

Back
Top Bottom