Question(s): Roosters

Ellisa

Songster
6 Years
May 6, 2013
Question: Roosters
I have 12 chickens they are all 2 months old. I found out today I have 2 roosters. They are finding their voice.

The cream one is an unknown breed. He was in the cage with frizzles and seabrights, but I don't know anything about seabrights, to know if he really is one. He is small, even smaller than the silkies and he always exhibited rooster like qualities. The Barred Rock, has always been sweet, inquisitive, but he is large (I don't want him to hurt my gi...rls, when they mature). I never kept a rooster (I just rehomed them).

We have a coop that has a small run and fits 12 - 15 chickens.

Question 1: Can we keep both roosters (neighbor has roosters, so it is permitted) or will they fight?
Question 2: Any guesses on the cream roosters breed?
FYI: Posted pic of both roosters and the coop.
Thank you for any assistance!!!!

The cream one is very sebright looking, though I've only seen laced varieties. The shape, stance, etc says sebright though.

The rosters will tell you if they can stay together. Many, including me, have kept multiple roosters with success. I found that it helps to have a bantam and standard, with their respective sized hens available.

The cream one is very sebright looking, though I've only seen laced varieties. The shape, stance, etc says sebright though.

The rosters will tell you if they can stay together. Many, including me, have kept multiple roosters with success. I found that it helps to have a bantam and standard, with their respective sized hens available.

x2

Back
Top Bottom