Question with a hen

Better pictures would help. She looks upright, is she a Cornish cross? Those come in bantam sizes
F81493A3-6D1E-4B0F-A30D-B6C337231E41.jpeg
E389E711-9A4D-4451-BB1B-4062A7D8F826.jpeg
That’s the hen and that’s her father he is pretty big and is very heavy and yes he is indeed blind sadly bc he is a beautiful rooster

I know I have many bantams myself but it’s just genetics I guess I’m just used to seen bigger hens with longer legs I guess she’s just short and stocky
Was she hatched with any other chicks? What do they look like? Every now and then with crosses I’ll get a smaller bird out of the batch. It’s not that common but it happens. I actually have a 3 way cross rooster from this past year that came a little smaller so it’s no big deal.
I would worry more about keeping those birds in pens with wire on the bottom. They’ll tear up their feet trying to scratch around.

Ohhh
Was she hatched with any other chicks? What do they look like? Every now and then with crosses I’ll get a smaller bird out of the batch. It’s not that common but it happens. I actually have a 3 way cross rooster from this past year that came a little smaller so it’s no big deal.
I would worry more about keeping those birds in pens with wire on the bottom. They’ll tear up their feet trying to scratch around.
Well I’ll have to ask because I am not sure,and actually these birds don’t scratch I’m not sure why I put them once a day in a pen with no bottom on dirt and they just stand there or sit like normal they won’t scratch I’ve seen that the scratching usually diminish when they are older like a year old when they are young Roos they scratch which is why I let the free roam from the 4 months of age all the way till they are about 8 months if they don’t fight too much but there legs are fine I usually see people like with hay and dirt and other stuff but then again these aren’t bred by me so I’m not sure how the breeder well does the whole proccess I also usually keep a tile or a good big slab of wood do they can step on and prevent injury in the cage seen it does not have any since I just got the cage

Back
Top Bottom