Question

Asears89

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2023
I have a question about my white crested polish. She is still very young right now and she is really skittish when I try to get her out from her cage I was wondering if she will outgrow being so skittish and if she will listen well when I call her and if she will be cuddly? Just trying to know what to expect as she grows.

I have a question about my white crested polish. She is still very young right now and she is really skittish when I try to get her out from her cage I was wondering if she will outgrow being so skittish and if she will listen well when I call her and if she will be cuddly? Just trying to know what to expect as she grows.
Most chicks do become less skittish after they grow up.

I do not know whether she will listen when you call her, or whether she will be cuddly. Some chickens do, and some chickens do not. This can happen with chickens of any breed (not all Polish will act the same way.)

Most chicks do become less skittish after they grow up.

I do not know whether she will listen when you call her, or whether she will be cuddly. Some chickens do, and some chickens do not. This can happen with chickens of any breed (not all Polish will act the same way.)
Thank you. I was just wondering some people told me she won’t be cuddly so I was just wondering if it was a breed thing. I’ll take good care of her regardless. I’m already so in love with her. Can’t wait to see how she will be when she is full grown.

Thank you. I was just wondering some people told me she won’t be cuddly so I was just wondering if it was a breed thing. I’ll take good care of her regardless. I’m already so in love with her. Can’t wait to see how she will be when she is full grown.
Some breeds are more likely to be cuddly than others, but any specific chicken may be different than what is most common for their breed.

Chickens tend to be less cuddly than some other kinds of animals. If you really want a cuddly pet, a cat or dog is more likely to be cuddly than a chicken. But again, individual ones might be cuddly or not, for cats and dogs and chickens.

There are many ways to make it less skittish. Sometimes they don’t work. It should work if you do it right but if it doesn’t don’t blame yourself. Some chickens you cannot control.

Some breeds are more likely to be cuddly than others, but any specific chicken may be different than what is most common for their breed.

Chickens tend to be less cuddly than some other kinds of animals. If you really want a cuddly pet, a cat or dog is more likely to be cuddly than a chicken. But again, individual ones might be cuddly or not, for cats and dogs and chickens.
I have cats but they are not cuddly either. It’s fine if she’s not I didn’t get her for that factor. wanted a different pet than normal. Plus chickens are cute.

I have cats but they are not cuddly either. It’s fine if she’s not I didn’t get her for that factor. wanted a different pet than normal. Plus chickens are cute.
It sounds like you only have one chicken. Chickens like to live in a flock (group) of chickens, rather than living alone. You might consider getting a few more pullets about the same age.

It is good that you expect to be happy with the chicken regardless of whether she is cuddly or not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom