Quick Help!!!!

He completely detached from the shell and is moving and chirping, so I am taking those as good signs. He still has some yoak on him though.

I'm in the same boat with my little chick and am hoping for some insight. It's trying to livein' up, it's just not there yet
He completely detached from the shell and is moving and chirping, so I am taking those as good signs. He still has some yoak on him though.

It looks more like egg goo and excess fluid to me. Yolk is usually darker and should be coming from the "navel". If it ruptures it can look like that.

I'm in the same boat with my little chick and am hoping for some insight. It's trying to livein' up, it's just not there yet

Chicks with yolk not fully absorbed have the best chances if they are placed in a container that will keep them from moving to much lowering the risk of rupturing the yolk. I used a coffee cup with a damp paper towel for mine a couple years ago. If you can place it back in the bator that's great, or at least under the brooder light. Just remember if you put it under the light offer water periodically. Give it time to absorb the rest.

Back
Top Bottom