Rabbit breeder's thread!

She is pulling fur and running around with hay! I just put in a nestbox for her!
pop.gif

Hello... just found this thread
smile.png

I raise rabbits... I have 9 Adult Mini Rex's ( Chocolate, Chocolate Otter, Black Otter, Broken Chocolate, Broken Black) and I have 4 nestbox's full of babies
smile.png
I absolutely LOVE this breed. I raised Lionheads for a while, and still like them, but the Mini Rex fur and their calmness is what I like about them.

Here is my website if you would like to take a look at them and all my babies on the nestbox page.
smile.png

http://willowacre.weebly.com

Last edited:
Quote:
you will have to let us know how she does.
I bred 2 does this week. I am buying 2 does this weekend that have been bred. thought it would be a good idea to have foster moms available.

Wendy'sChicksRock :

Hello, I'm new to this rabbit breeding and have a question. We have two mini rex rabbits we got to breed so we had some to show at fair this july. When should we breed them in order for them to be shown as junior buc or does in july? I mean what's the best age to show them ?

Any help would be great.

Wendy

Mini Rex can be shown up to 6 months as juniors. I would suggest 4 1/2 to 5 months would be good. My daghter raises & shows mini rex in ARBA shows.​

good grief i have been gone too long,lol. i just found this thread and it is long and not posted on for awhile. i too raise rabbits i have lionheads, fuzzy lop, mini rex, netherland dwarfs, velveteen lops and holland lops. my newest addition to my bun family is my harlequin magpie mini rex buck pictured in my avitar. i bred him to my harlie carrier doe about a week ago and looking forward to my first offspring from him.
smile.png

*****WARNING CUTE PICTURE OVERLOAD*****

I know right???? Same boat - just came across it.

Well lets see
I breed Lionheads & Netherland dwarfs right now & hope to add holland lops to the mix someday. Also have a mini lop that is a fixed companion bun.

I have 2 litters due in a few days & then a few more in a couple weeks. Every single time I become a nervous nancy the night of & end up staying up almost all night to make sure everything goes well.

Here are a few pics of some of my buns
ChiChi- she is a Lion Dwarf (mom full MM Lionhead & father full ND)

This is Delyha - she is a Lion Dwarf (mom full MM Lionhead & father full ND)

This is Prince Florentine - Netherland Dwarf buck (he's really pretty small)

ButterCup - One of our MM Lionhead does

M.J. - One of our ND does

Suzie Sunshine - our mini lop companion bun
Bradly - Our MM Lionhead buck

More of Bradly :0)
Mini Man - An upcoming buck - He is soo tiny he still looks like a baby even though he's about 4mths old

Mini Man

yes definately cute overload!! i have to many to post pics of but they are on my website and link is in my siggy if ya'd like to see more of mine. i have one litter at the moment they are lionlops. i traded for my fuzzy lop doe back i sold as a baby last year and didn't know she was pregnant when i got her back. they were born in aug. i'm not keeping any of them because i only raise/show purebreds but they all are cute pets. i love your mini man he looks like my buck holden. holden was same way when he was younger, he is still a nice small compact buck and took champion for me at his first showing in aug. i was really proud of him. i haven't bred him yet but will for spring babies i'm really looking forward to his offspring also since he is my other favorite buck. when i do they will be my first dwarf babies so extra excited to see how their breedings turn out. you have nice bunnies and bradly is a handsome little fellow too, love him and mini man!!!

Thank you! Yes they are my babies and I spoil the heck out of them. I still can't get over how small Mini Man is. I wasn't planning on keeping Bradly or Mini Man but I fell in love & my daughter also named them(smart cookie knew i'd keep them if they were named! She was 3 at the time)

:) I will for sure have to check out your site.

I will put up a few more photos of MiniMan next to his momma and a few other items to show his compactness
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom