rabbit does failing to carry

so i am coming back with another problem. one of the does failed really late in the pregnancy and no longer bred after that, also had no energy and didn't look so good so i ended up taking care of her. she showed no signs of a retained fetus in her but it did look inflamed.

now with the other doe i now have yet ANOTHER problem. should deliver in 3 days but when i palpitated her the embryos felt no where near big enough (maybe a grape and a half) there are 4 or 5 very clear lumps. when i gave her a nest box she just peed and pooped in it then threw it around the cage. i checked and she was in heat (i know that it isnt actual heat but you know what i am talking about) i put her in with my buck and there were two fall offs, she lifted and everything so i am clueless what is happening here as they shouldn't be interested in the buck if she is pregnant. i dont want to put her down unless i have to so i hope this is no biggie, but i have no clue what this could be. does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

(also the other rex doe had a nice litter of 5 healthy happy babies and are doing amazing)

so i am coming back with another problem. one of the does failed really late in the pregnancy and no longer bred after that, also had no energy and didn't look so good so i ended up taking care of her. she showed no signs of a retained fetus in her but it did look inflamed.

now with the other doe i now have yet ANOTHER problem. should deliver in 3 days but when i palpitated her the embryos felt no where near big enough (maybe a grape and a half) there are 4 or 5 very clear lumps. when i gave her a nest box she just peed and pooped in it then threw it around the cage. i checked and she was in heat (i know that it isnt actual heat but you know what i am talking about) i put her in with my buck and there were two fall offs, she lifted and everything so i am clueless what is happening here as they shouldn't be interested in the buck if she is pregnant. i dont want to put her down unless i have to so i hope this is no biggie, but i have no clue what this could be. does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

(also the other rex doe had a nice litter of 5 healthy happy babies and are doing amazing)
Are you sure they where embryos?

I cannot tell you what you should do. I will tell you what I would do. I would just bite the bullet and start over with good stock. Breeding rabbits just shouldn't be all that difficult.

Back
Top Bottom