Rabbit got into a fight, now it’s eye looks terrible. Advice needed!

So, I found that antibiotic ointment Kiki was talking about on Amazon, but It would take a week to arrive, and I figured that may be too long. I also found it on Chewy, and those orders usually are quicker to arrive. Should I order it?

Also, I think I am going to try using that triple antibiotic ointment on him…I know it says not to use it in eyes, but maybe it’ll be better than nothing? I hate not to add anything to help a little.

So, I found that antibiotic ointment Kiki was talking about on Amazon, but It would take a week to arrive, and I figured that may be too long. I also found it on Chewy, and those orders usually are quicker to arrive. Should I order it?

Also, I think I am going to try using that triple antibiotic ointment on him…I know it says not to use it in eyes, but maybe it’ll be better than nothing? I hate not to add anything to help a little.
I would order it

Can rabbits have fish mox? My cat got in a really bad fight with another cat and vet put him on oral meds for 7 to 10 days.

Edit... nevermind, it's toxic to them if given orally due to their digestive process

https://rabbit.org/care/antibiotics/
A homeopathic option is to steep calendula and chamomile tincture and then use a clean cotton pad and put it on his eye. Hold it in place as long as he can stand it, repeat as often as you can.

You mentioned chamomile as an eye wash, I’d definitely use that if you have it on hand. I also use goldenseal root to make an eye wash, because it’s a great antibacterial. I’ve read bunnies are able to eat goldenseal and have witnessed them (wild bunnies) eating what I have planted, with no harm. Just wanted to mention it! ❤️

You mentioned chamomile as an eye wash, I’d definitely use that if you have it on hand. I also use goldenseal root to make an eye wash, because it’s a great antibacterial. I’ve read bunnies are able to eat goldenseal and have witnessed them (wild bunnies) eating what I have planted, with no harm. Just wanted to mention it! ❤️
Thank you! That’s very helpful. I will try that!!

Back
Top Bottom