Injured rabbit testicle

lnm03

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Hello we have a Jersey Woolly buck, 5 months old. We aren’t sure how the injury happened but his testicle looks like it’s been caught on something or he may have gotten into a fight with another bunny. There aren’t any vets that take rabbits within 2 1/2 hours from us. So if there is anything I can do at home to help that is preferable but I am willing to go to the vet if there isn’t anything I can do at home. It does look swollen compared to the other one. Idk if you can see it in the pictures. If you need better ones lmk. Thank you in advance for the help!

Attachments

• AF4DCB1D-AB1C-4B8D-B9A0-BA37A484CAF3.jpeg
    AF4DCB1D-AB1C-4B8D-B9A0-BA37A484CAF3.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 27
  • E208E29C-2031-4C9E-9C1F-FF9EDE55B2F0.jpeg
    E208E29C-2031-4C9E-9C1F-FF9EDE55B2F0.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 9
Animals.mom says...
"A cut on your rabbit's testicles can quickly turn into an abscess. An abscess usually forms when rabbits fight and one bites the other in this sensitive area, but it can also be caused by a loose cage wire, unsafe toy or even sharp pieces of hay. The testicle will appear swollen and red and may be hot and firm to the touch. Your rabbit may also stop eating and act lethargic, although some rabbits don't show any symptoms other than a swollen testicle. Veterinary treatment is necessary and often includes antibiotics and draining the abscess."

bunnyhugga.com says...
"Minor cuts and wounds should be washed thoroughly with a cotton wool ball soaked in warm water. A dilution of an iodine-based antiseptic can be added to the water if required. Any wounds that are deeper than skin level should be seen by a vet. Always separate rabbits at the first sign of fighting and ensure their living quarters have no sharp objects in them."

Good Luck!

Hello we have a Jersey Woolly buck, 5 months old. We aren’t sure how the injury happened but his testicle looks like it’s been caught on something or he may have gotten into a fight with another bunny. There aren’t any vets that take rabbits within 2 1/2 hours from us. So if there is anything I can do at home to help that is preferable but I am willing to go to the vet if there isn’t anything I can do at home. It does look swollen compared to the other one. Idk if you can see it in the pictures. If you need better ones lmk. Thank you in advance for the help!
Are you trying to breed with him in the future? He may be unable to.

Back
Top Bottom