Rabbit needs help I don't know what's going on

I cant do that because it is on the side of the cage and yes there are red spots. Water bottles work well for her. She has never been bred but I HAD plans for breeding her.
With it being Blood I would still offer her more water. It won't hurt to add an extra bowl in her area.

It is probably something related to a kidney or bladder infection those would be the most common causes.

Do you have any antibiotics on hand you could use?

she is sitting there all day doing nothing and I am providing water in a water bottle dripper that i have seen her use and her pee was red not orange. She eats enough I have seen her eat at least twice a day
Twice a day isn't enough. It's a possibility she has a UTI and possibly stasis as well if she is lethargic. This article covers some of the basics for the UTI https://www.petmd.com/rabbit/conditions/urinary/c_rb_lower_urinary_tract_infection

I have rabbits myself, so I know how worried you must be, but please be polite to the others on here. It can be quite frustrating not to recieve a response, but it would also help for you to do your own research instead of blaming others for their lack of options. You know all of her conditions better than we do, hence if veterinary is not an option, you need to do your own research.

I hope she gets better soon. Please continue to keep us updated and post any other questions you may have.

but please be polite to the others on here. It can be quite frustrating not to recieve a response, but it would also help for you to do your own research instead of blaming others for their lack of options. You know all of her conditions better than we do, hence if veterinary is not an option, you need to do your own research.
Well I am raising rabbits for meat so I know I cannot go through desperate measures to save her because if she is already unhealthy it would just be best to off her and then get a healthier rabbit for breeding thank you for your help😟

also I was not blaming you
I understand, but please be patient with the others on this forum as well. And now you know who to tag if you have any questions regarding your rabbits. You can also post questions on BackYardHerds.com (its a sister site to the BYC)

i know how you are feeling i have two rabbits and i get really stressed out when i think something is wrong with them. i think it may be worms? do you let her outside to eat grass, sometimes worms can get into her immune system and cause blood in pee/poop have you seen her poop? is there any blood in it? a way to prevent worms is feeding high fiber diet. you can also call a vet for free and ask what medication you can get to de-worm. i am not certain this is worms pics of pee/poop would be very helpful.

Rabbits urine can be a variety of colors, red included. Your doe sounds fine- though I would like to see pictures. What leads you to believe she is sick? If the urine is red, you'll be able to tell. Blood is thicker. If the urine/blood is staining and that is how to are seeing it, it's probably urine. The rabbit chilling in the corner, ears against head, sounds normal for a calm bunno. Other symptoms?

It may make you feel better to know that a trip to the vet is unlikely to help much. Most vets really don't know all that much about rabbits. I am not a rabbit expert, but in my experience treating sick rabbits is an exercise in futility. Even if they recover, they never seem to do well. It may seem harsh, but with all the good rabbits out there, it just isn't worth the time, money, and heartache of dealing with sickly ones.

Also. We have bottles for winter (leave them up year round) and LOVE these easy to manage little bowls as an additional water source when it isn’t sub- zero. Any 1L water / soda bottle on the outside of the hutch will keep it gravity filled. Larger bottles don’t tend to work as well in my experience.
You do have to clip a small spot on the cage for the small spot to come through. Wrap the tabs around the cage wire and make sure it is as level as possible.
Make a wire (or whatever you have on hand) loop to secure the bottle to the outside of the cage. Fill the bottle, drop it into the small side of the bowl.
To clean, pull the bottle out, flip up the bowl to dump any remaining water, wipe out as needed.
Up sides- my bunnies like the bowl a lot better than the bottles, and drink much more consistently from them. They also will dip their feet in them when it is hot out and that seems to be their preference over the frozen water bottles that we offer on those rare occasions in our climate.
Down sides- if the bowl isn’t very level, or your bottle is too large, they can tend to “leak” over the side of the bowl. Which. Attracts more yellowjackets than the open water does on its own. We live in the PNW and yellowjackets are an issue. If you live somewhere with more summer wind, I doubt that you would have the same problem. But. I’ve only had bunnies living here, so.... I can’t say for sure
https://grandviewrabbitry.com/product/galvanized-water-cup/

Back
Top Bottom