Rabbit needs help I don't know what's going on

What the heck does this mean?

You are confusing me.

"So I have a Flemish Giant female (pure, not inbred) and I have a New Zealand male (or at least that's what they told me, not inbred) and I bought that pair and bred them together twice."
Op wants to keep one of the female offspring (from second, not so healthy kindling) as a pet/future breeder.

No deal. If it's a baby peeing blood it does not ever need to have babies of its own. Something isn't right.
Yes it is the baby of the two that is having problems. You and I are both definitely not rabbit experts. 🤣 I don't think I can keep it as a pet, but I really want to. I WOULD take her to a vet but 1) it is not affordable and 2) the vet is about an hour away. :(

Yes it is the baby of the two that is having problems. You and I are both definitely not rabbit experts. 🤣 I don't think I can keep it as a pet, but I really want to. I WOULD take her to a vet but 1) it is not affordable and 2) the vet is about an hour away. :(
How old is it?

Hello. Just now seeing this.
Is the pee red or more of an orange color? Rabbits can have orange pee that can be normal. It can also be a sign that she is stressed or maybe dehydrated. Are you providing water in a bowl or water bottle? If a rabbit does not have enough water they will not eat enough.

Does she have any other symptoms?

Hello. Just now seeing this.
Is the pee red or more of an orange color? Rabbits can have orange pee that can be normal. It can also be a sign that she is stressed or maybe dehydrated. Are you providing water in a bowl or water bottle? If a rabbit does not have enough water they will not eat enough.

Does she have any other symptoms?
she is sitting there all day doing nothing and I am providing water in a water bottle dripper that i have seen her use and her pee was red not orange. She eats enough I have seen her eat at least twice a day

she is sitting there all day doing nothing and I am providing water in a water bottle dripper that i have seen her use and her pee was red not orange. She eats enough I have seen her eat at least twice a day
What kind of diet does she have?
Rabbit pellets mainly? If so what percentage is the protein in her feed?
Has she lost any weight?

Water bottles can work for some rabbits. I have just never had luck with them. I have Silver fox rabbits. For them I feel they didn't get enough water from a bottle so I always use a bowl. I actually have some that hook to the cage so they cannot knock them over. (I have a few that love to lol)

If the urin is bloody that normally means that there are kidney stones, could be from an abortion (if there is any chance she is bred). Blood in rabbit urine is normally red spots in the urine.

If you collected some of the urine and put 5 drops or so of hydrogen peroxide on it you can test if is blood. If there is no reaction it is normal urine. If it bubbles at all it has blood in it.

What kind of diet does she have?
Rabbit pellets mainly? If so what percentage is the protein in her feed?
Has she lost any weight?

Water bottles can work for some rabbits. I have just never had luck with them. I have Silver fox rabbits. For them I feel they didn't get enough water from a bottle so I always use a bowl. I actually have some that hook to the cage so they cannot knock them over. (I have a few that love to lol)

If the urin is bloody that normally means that there are kidney stones, could be from an abortion (if there is any chance she is bred). Blood in rabbit urine is normally red spots in the urine.

If you collected some of the urine and put 5 drops or so of hydrogen peroxide on it you can test if is blood. If there is no reaction it is normal urine. If it bubbles at all it has blood in it.
I cant do that because it is on the side of the cage and yes there are red spots. Water bottles work well for her. She has never been bred but I HAD plans for breeding her.

Back
Top Bottom