Raccoon attack last night..

I can't use my shotgun, or rifle to kill these coons once I've caught them in the trap; so what's the best method of quickly putting them down?

Last night I had to use a filet knife that I taped onto a 6' piece of PVC pipe I had laying around. I wasn't happy to use this method but it was all I could think of at the time. It took 2 attempts, but after I was sure she was done for i then gave it an hour and went back to remove the body from the coop.

I know they are disease carrying predators but I don't take pleasure in it when it's in their nature ... (I know, I know, it's ridiculous to feel that way towards these scoundrels, but i can't help it)
--so--
Any other ideas for quick, humane deaths for a raccoon (while still in the trap) ??
Well you could use a bow. Drowning?

Last edited:
Drowning is waaaay too inhumane for me..I thought about a hammer and a 1 time ping to the head but I couldn't get to him easily and I'd be needing a clean pair of underoos if he lunged at me in that tight little spot i had him him.

I was just wondering if anyone had a way to easily end him without letting them out of the trap? It's not leaving that trap alive, no matter what goes down!
I've got an idea that I'm gonna try if/when the next contestant steps up to the mic.

3ft' piece of 1/4" steel rod that I was gonna grind down 1 end to a super sharp arrow head point; it's small enough to fit through those wire mesh squares that the trap is constructed of.

Drowning is waaaay too inhumane for me..I thought about a hammer and a 1 time ping to the head but I couldn't get to him easily and I'd be needing a clean pair of underoos if he lunged at me in that tight little spot i had him him.

I was just wondering if anyone had a way to easily end him without letting them out of the trap? It's not leaving that trap alive, no matter what goes down!
I've got an idea that I'm gonna try if/when the next contestant steps up to the mic.

3ft' piece of 1/4" steel rod that I was gonna grind down 1 end to a super sharp arrow head point; it's small enough to fit through those wire mesh squares that the trap is constructed of.
It's hard if he is in the trap to kill him without a gun.

That would work.

Despite what you think, death by drowning is not as inhumane as you think! People who have survived near drowning experiences say that it was a "peaceful" feeling. Hard to believe but my son in law almost drowned and he said the same thing.

Short of dispatching the animal with a firearm, drowning would be more humane in my opinion than stabbing at it while in a caged trap!
JMHO

David

Large plastic tote and lid, big enough for the trap to fit in. Rig it up so you can connect a hose to it from the tailpipe of a vehicle?

Last edited:
I agree, stabbing at him isn't at all what I am wanting to do. It's the best I could do in the heat of the moment last time. This time around they'll be in a cage where I can either choose 1 of 2 ways to kill it. Drowning is starting to sound better, it's just my own personal fear to die of drowning; I think I feel a little funny about it b/c of that.
Stabbing him with a really sharp pin point 1/4" steel rod (assuming I can hit the heart again like last time) seems to end it in less than a minute.

Has anyone on here ever had any luck with those Ultrasonic Pest Repellers they sell ??? Supposedly they'll work for Dogs/Cats.. not sure how it would translate to a Coon or another predator

Then you haven't been looking very hard. ;) Where there is one there are quite a few more.

Fat raccoon killed my neighbors cat and my show quality d'uccles. Found the fat coon his by a car. Chopped his tail off and nailed it to the door of my coop. Haven't seen any since.

Back
Top Bottom