Raccoon in broad daylight.....IN MY COOP!!!!!

Round here a coon in the daylight is almost always distemper. They will act drunk and have no fear. I don't know nothin bout no city critters though. I now it's not an option in this case but a .22 is plenty of medicine for a coon.(learn predator anatomy to be humane as possible) Colibri makes a very nice round called a hummingbird, it's quiet and humane. I know that options I have are not for everyone and I respect that. Just don't dump the little monsters around here.

We have coons wandering out behind the pasture during the day sometimes. They are young and foolish - just like human teenagers! LOL

If for some reason you do start to have doubts about the animal's health, however, I would recommend calling your animal control. If this coon has rabies there are others that do as well, and your county / city may need to go on alert. We just came off of a county wide rabies alert here in February.

Coons (even healthy ones) are out during the day. Young ones are especially stupid. The only coon predation problem we ever had was a very young one (probably orphaned) that found a way into the coop and was stealing eggs. One year a group of young coons destroyed my young giant pumpkins. They removed them all from the vines when they were a little bigger than basketballs and rolled them around like balls.

call your local animal control. pest control is only neccesary if they are residing on your property, in your house, under the porch, etc. if the racoon is not living in your yard, i wouldn't call pest control. because if they get there and the racoon is gone, then its a waste anyways.

i would call animal control and have them come and relocate it for you. i'm a city dweller, and that is what i would do.

Back
Top Bottom