radiant flat panel coop heater experience?

Sorry I should have mentioned looking for something close to the 400W as the 200W won't be large enough for coop size and temperatures we see in Canada.
Thanks Again!

I got one a few weeks ago and I love it, but since it’s small and I have 6 chickens I may end up getting another one:

Cozy Products Safe Chicken Coop Pet Heater 200W Flat Panel

I got it from amazon. Like many others, I was very worried about heating the coop due to fire hazard, but this specific product is zero clearance, meaning it can touch wood shavings, hay, etc without danger of fire. It was 2 degrees last night and the coop got down to 12. It’s not designed to heat the whole coop, which is what I was looking for. I have it mounted on the wall directly across from the night roost, maybe 10 inches or so from the roost itself. About 3 birds can fit directly in front of it. Even if they were touching it, it’s not so hot it would burn them. It shouldn’t be placed on a ceiling, but on the floor or mounted on a wall. It wouldn’t do any good to place it above the chickens, since it only radiates heat to whatever is close in front of it. Mine is thermostatically controlled as well.

I have used this product for about 2 weeks now as needed, and give it 2 thumbs up. Just wish it came in a bigger size too.

Ps- I monitor the temp and humidity in the coop, and this heater does not raise humidity at all.
I got one a few weeks ago and I love it, but since it’s small and I have 6 chickens I may end up getting another one:

Cozy Products Safe Chicken Coop Pet Heater 200W Flat Panel

I got it from amazon. Like many others, I was very worried about heating the coop due to fire hazard, but this specific product is zero clearance, meaning it can touch wood shavings, hay, etc without danger of fire. It was 2 degrees last night and the coop got down to 12. It’s not designed to heat the whole coop, which is what I was looking for. I have it mounted on the wall directly across from the night roost, maybe 10 inches or so from the roost itself. About 3 birds can fit directly in front of it. Even if they were touching it, it’s not so hot it would burn them. It shouldn’t be placed on a ceiling, but on the floor or mounted on a wall. It wouldn’t do any good to place it above the chickens, since it only radiates heat to whatever is close in front of it. Mine is thermostatically controlled as well.

I have used this product for about 2 weeks now as needed, and give it 2 thumbs up. Just wish it came in a bigger size too.

Ps- I monitor the temp and humidity in the coop, and this heater does not raise humidity at all.

I bought 2 since I have 7 and hung it like you did, I hope it’s enough for them, we are getting single digits tomorrow. Why only 2 thumbs up?

we bought this to check it out and found that on high it is very hot to the touch and will burn your hand. The instructions state otherwise. We are not sure if we are going to use this or not.

Back
Top Bottom