Rain and chickens??

Mine love the rain. I wish they didn't love it so much. It gets hard to tell if they've been playing in the mud or had a row with my dog. Or both.

Hi, we live in rainy England & our girls love it! They love having mud baths when it's wet
1f604.png
and seem to enjoy the puddles that are in our garden, they do have a dry warm shelter if they want it but they all look like drown muddy rats by the end of the day! The next day is great as they are all fluffy
1f604.png

My chickens are usually ok with it, they rarely go into the cover for shelter, only when it's cold rain they hide but that doesn't really happen, I live in Florida

I agree with chicken lover 200, my silkies loves the rain too bad they get all muddy, and of course they are white silkies. All of my others don't mind the rain atn all, even huge downpour they are out walking around. Its the best time for worms
263a.png

That is also why I normally do not blanket my horses during the winter. God knew what he was doing and I am not going to mess that up for them!

That is also why I normally do not blanket my horses during the winter. God knew what he was doing and I am not going to mess that up for them!

Mine turned into a fuzz ball over the winter. He wasn't pretty like he was in the summer, but he was happy and lived a long, long life.

We just put our two chickens in their new coop today. However, it's supposed to be a thunderstorm all day tomorrow and though the coop is in our screen enclosed lanai, I'm worried that some rain may splash some into their coop. They have the roost/henhouse they can get in for protection, I'm just not sure they'll stay inside it. Will it harm them to get a little wet?? I think I had read somewhere that you're supposed to dry them if they get wet..??.. which sounds kinda crazy to me as what do all these chickens that live in outdoor coops do when it rains?? Sorry for the stupid question but I'm sincerely worried??!! Thank you!!

My girls don't even seem to notice when it rains! Even when its hailing they stand out in the open looking like drowned rats, even though there are plenty of dry places to go in the yard. Chickens are pretty tough. The only time they run for cover is just before thunder or lighting strikes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom