Raised from a baby chic. What breed is this?

Okay thank you! Yes I looked that breed up and the chickens match up! Some are golden and red, so in guessing maybe they are golden mixed with red sex-links

Okay thank you! Yes I looked that breed up and the chickens match up! Some are golden and red, so in guessing maybe they are golden mixed with red sex-links

Red Sex Links are hybrids produced by crossing red gene roosters (RIR, NH, or PR) with silver gene hens (RIW, SLW, Delaware, LS, silver factor WPR, etc.). Because they are hybrids, the shade of coloring can vary quite a bit ranging from very reddish to goldish depending on which breeds were used in the breeding. These ranges from reddish to goldish are reflected in the various labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, such as Red Star, Gold Star, Cinnamon Queen, Isa Brown, Golden Comet, Red Shaver, Golden Buff, etc.

Last edited:
I also have a question about gender. I don't have a pic. But my mom has a hen that really looks like a rooster . However, we have not heard it crow.... Yet! When should they be crowing? Is there an age cut off or timeline?

I also have a question about gender. I don't have a pic. But my mom has a hen that really looks like a rooster . However, we have not heard it crow.... Yet! When should they be crowing? Is there an age cut off or timeline?

Most cockerels begin crowing from 4-5 months. However a few can take considerably longer, and with an occasional cockerel it can take nearly a year.

Back
Top Bottom