Raising broad breasted on spent grain

trapper175

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2020
Has anyone had experience with raising broad breasted turkeys on spent grain from a brewery? currently get about 1,000lbs a week fresh from the kettle that I'm growing out a handful of pigs on . . once they go to the butcher here in a month or two I think I'm going to get some white broad breasted turkeys to continue to utilize the spent grain. My plan is to feed game bird starter for the first 4 weeks and transition into the spent grain from there. Any thoughts? Thanks

Has anyone had experience with raising broad breasted turkeys on spent grain from a brewery? currently get about 1,000lbs a week fresh from the kettle that I'm growing out a handful of pigs on . . once they go to the butcher here in a month or two I think I'm going to get some white broad breasted turkeys to continue to utilize the spent grain. My plan is to feed game bird starter for the first 4 weeks and transition into the spent grain from there. Any thoughts? Thanks
You need to know what the percent protein, lysine, methionine, calcium. niacin, etc. levels are so you will know what to supplement with.

Back
Top Bottom