Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Thanks, everyone! Your support has meant so much to me! And does prayer work? Well, our family has been praying for her, the entire town of Cowley (99.9% Mormon) has been praying for her, and chicken people all over the world have been praying for her. I think the Good Lord looked up from His work and found Himself besieged with us, Mormons and chicken people and said, "I give up!! You win!!"
lau.gif
And Evan should be released from the hospital around 10 am, so that's a huge relief too! I thought I was going to have to tie his mom down to keep her from marching over those mountains and prairies to bring him back home.

Don't know what today will bring but I do know it will not be nearly as stressful as yesterday was. Love you all!

Thanks, everyone! Your support has meant so much to me! And does prayer work? Well, our family has been praying for her, the entire town of Cowley (99.9% Mormon) has been praying for her, and chicken people all over the world have been praying for her. I think the Good Lord looked up from His work and found Himself besieged with us, Mormons and chicken people and said, "I give up!! You win!!"
lau.gif
And Evan should be released from the hospital around 10 am, so that's a huge relief too! I thought I was going to have to tie his mom down to keep her from marching over those mountains and prairies to bring him back home.

Don't know what today will bring but I do know it will not be nearly as stressful as yesterday was. Love you all!
99.9% Mormon?

LMAO!!!

ed180043edad0385ef39d3d8b04d0d6d.jpg

I bet ya'll are easy to pick out. lol

99.9% Mormon?

LMAO!!!

ed180043edad0385ef39d3d8b04d0d6d.jpg

I bet ya'll are easy to pick out. lol
Well, 99.9% is a stretch of the imagination but almost everyone here is LDS! I love living here. Sure we are one of the very few non-Mormons here, and sure, the only church in town is LDS, but you know, I've never found a warmer, more welcoming place to live. And I've lived from Connecticut from California and all points in between. Didn't matter that we weren't LDS. Didn't matter that our Cowley roots don't go back to Cowley's founding.....we were immediately welcomed. I served 2 years on our Planning and Zoning Commission, 4 years on our Town Council and at the urging of a lot of people I am running again for Council. When Kendra needed a gait trainer to learn how to walk and the kids' insurance denied it because they'd already provided a mobility device for her in the form of her wheelchair, the people of Cowley got her one for Christmas. When our grandson died, we came home from the services in South Dakota and his mom, Tam, found an envelope taped to her front door. Inside was a sympathy card and $500.00 cash - anonymously. Her landlord refused to cash his rent check for that month - ever. I have come to admire the pioneering spirit of these great people, the open friendliness, the strong devotion to family, the firm family values and the work ethic of my friends and neighbors and their kids, and appreciate so much that the Good Lord decided to plop us in the middle of this town of 600 people. Never once in the 20 years we've been here has there been any attempt to "convert" us. Others talk about religious tolerance and freedom - we get to see it in action every day.

So I got no problem being that little black sheep.....like him, I've never noticed the difference!
lau.gif

Blooie, what a cute picture of Kendra! What is the latest update?
Hey, Lisa! She's doing well. Waking up has been a little tough....since she's mostly non-verbal they are going by her vital signs to tell them when her pain is coming back. The kids are attending a workshop this morning on how to care for her, signs of trouble to watch for, and to get questions answered. Three other little ones had similar procedures yesterday, either the MACE or the Mitrofanoff, but Kendra is the only one who has had both. So they popped in to see her for a few minutes this morning then went on the workshop. Jenny wanted to stay with her overnight last night, but she talked to her sister, who is a pediatric nurse on the surgery floor in Sioux Falls, and she told Jenny it was best if she didn't. The first night there is so much the nurses still have to do to and for Kendra that the nurses can do their jobs better if they don't have a parent hovering over them and right at their elbows. Nancy told Jen that while parents are always welcome to stay, that first night the kids aren't really aware anyway and it's kinda the most intense nursing night. So they went back to the hotel, and Jen will stay up there tonight.

So I'm waiting for today's update, and none to patiently!
he.gif

And yeah, she is definitely a cutie patootie and a blessing!
wink.png

So glad to hear the surgeries went well and Evan is doing better Booie! Thank you for the updates, give yourself and all the family a hug for me.

She's a sweetie! So beautiful. I'm waiting with you, for updates
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom