Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
So glad to get an update on Jess! She's sure busy, and enjoying herself tremendously by the looks of it! If you get a chance, would love to see a picture of Jess with her little Silkie - I know you said you'd be doing most of the showing but her job is just as important ..... she'll be doing the learning! Soccer, Little League, I can hear by the tone of your post that she continues to surprise you every day. She's just such a pretty little lady!

What a horror story about Lisa's near-drowning.... she couldn't have a better guardian than you, Cynthia, because we can hear the love you have for her when we read. My biggest fear is that something will happen to the kids and then what happens to Kendra? Neither of them are in good health. Kenny has insulin dependent diabetes and Jenny has epilepsy (with grand mal seizures) and they are both in their 40s. I'll be 66 on my next birthday and Ken will 69 a week later so he and I are not spring chickens anymore, and she requires such intensive day to day care. Naturally the kids haven't made any provisions for her or Katie. We have brought it up a few times, but they just shrug their shoulders and change the subject. I know they don't want to think about it, but.....

Anyway, on to more pleasant thoughts. We have today, and taking care of today is the best we can do.

Thank you both!! She is such fun - she enjoys practice more than the games. She is way more involved without the pressure. I will sure try to get a photo with the silkie!

What a scary story - I am so glad there was someone there to bring her back! How horrible for there to be no life jackets in the first place. I'm so happy you found a home that is working out. That is even better that she recovered so well! It sounds like she couldn't have a better guardian!

We are just starting the process for a conservatorship. We are doing a special trust and our wills at the same time. We have to pick the people that will take over when we are gone and I realized that I have nobody....My best friend lives in Australia - she has a special need little boy, with 4 older brothers and sisters that Absolutely LOVE Jessica and would love to step in, but the distance makes it impossible. My entire extended family is on the east coast.

My mother - who is 74, has had 3 strokes and 2 heart attacks, and my ex-mother in law who is in her 80's - and had her own health issues, are Jessica's daycare. We have no other options and the age is becoming an issue. We have been unable to even find a day care that she could go to. There are so many regulations involved that because of her age - they can't take her. It is frustrating.

Sorry, that is my venting. There's been a few sleepless nights as I've struggled with this. Still don't have answers, but hopefully there are many years before these decisions need to be made! For all of us!!!

Jessi, I know what you are going through right now with all of the trust fund and will. I have a son that is going to take over if I pass away before Lisa.

Wow, you have been busy. Your mom, your former mother in law..and your daughter. Bless your heart!

Had to share this. Pretty cute. Happened to Richard while being out and about.

See this candy cane? A little kid about five years old gave it to me on the street because he wanted to spread Christmas cheer, so I'm using it as a Christmas tree ornament. Yeeeeah....taking candy from a baby, but for a good cause.

Poor Richard went to visit his dad on Christmas day...my former husband. Had some bad news given to him. His dad told him that he has bone cancer. :( They only gave him 18 months to live, and that was 4 months ago. Well, I went to visit him. He said that they have been giving him a shot of something. Not sure what it is. He has had 2 strokes, so he has a hard time talking, I didn't ask him to get into details. Anyway, he says that they are helping. His wife came in and explained that they were at 9..again...?? and they would like to see it at zero. He will go back in March for follow up lab work. If this number comes down, he could have a few more years in him! He gets around pretty good for now. Started out with prostate cancer..did the X-rays for that, and saw that the bones didn't look good, then did the blood work. Richard took it pretty hard. Harder than I thought he would. His dad has had 2 heart attacks, and 2 strokes! Now this is what gets him? Richard was pretty sad. Even though he doesn't see him that much..it's his dad.

Oh, Cynthia. I don't even know what to say. I'll be praying for strength for Richard and for his dad.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom