Raising Geese 101

My geese will talk to me and out of my hands.

U until now,they were good.

They seem to be nibbling, snapping at my legs, and for some reason, hate shoes. My grandma got a bad habit started by shoving her shoe in their faces, and of course they reacted.

anyway of fixing this?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/561849/geese-training

They have a great memory anyone who doesn't like them and is not nice to them they remember.

That was very good info.

I'm defiantly gonna stop hand feed them,it seems to be causing them to completely disrespect my space, COMPLETELY. Olive oil, the goose in question, literally gets in between my legs, not even arm length away.

Africans are known to be more aggressive, specially ganders, but that depends on how they're raised. Personally, I've heard hand feeding may be a good way to bond with them, it's down to a matter of personal choice.

I see, so its less aggression necessarily and more them just being all up in your business.
My Embden gander is going on 10 yrs old hatched here and has known me all his life he would bite me in a minute during breeding season .Ganders just have attitude. Gotta love them though. I do offer a little corm in my hand to my gander. But I would never let a young child hand feed one.

Back
Top Bottom