Raising Geese 101

Yes, the only reason you'd need a gander is if you want fertile eggs and goslings. and not silly question at all.
X2. My goose laid close to 30 eggs this year without the presence of a gander.

Last edited:
Hi
i found 8 wild baby geese and need your help in what and how to feed and raise them....
Thank you so much for your help

Hi
i found 8 wild baby geese and need your help in what and how to feed and raise them....
Thank you so much for your help
If you can find a wildlife rebabber in your area that would work better since they know how to care for wild geese. in the mean time get a waterfowl starter or game bird feed and feed them, make sure they have plenty of fresh water since they have to have water when eating, and if new hatchlings they will need warmth, first week 85 and 5* lower each week there after. Where did you find these babies? and most of all protection from predators.

That was VERY much needed for me
I have a pair of Roman geese that are 6 month old will they start laying in late winter??? and will they hatch out a clutch of eggs i read that they should be at least 2 yrs old

It's possible to randomly get a few eggs now but most likely they will not lay until next spring.

So Wilmer became Wilma! The twerp had 4 buried before I knew she had started laying!

Back
Top Bottom