Raising Geese 101

I have 7 brown African geese bout 2 months old i want to sell 4 of them but not sure which are male and female. Im not to good at vent checking so is there other ways of checking?

Here is the goose (all grown up) in with the ducks while we are building a safe goose enclosure. We unfortunately have had a bobcat show up so we cannot free range anything right now.

Here is the goose (all grown up) in with the ducks while we are building a safe goose enclosure. We unfortunately have had a bobcat show up so we cannot free range anything right now.
Very proud of you to take your responsibility seriously Predators are not going to ever go away it's up to use to protect our flocks. Be sure to posts pic when you get your geese enclosure finished. Do you plan on getting more geese?

Hi I'm new to hatching and raising geese, I have 8 eggs in the incubator, and I'm trying to hatch them, the humidity has been at 35% the whole time, and from reading online, after day 4 I have been spraying them and cooling them everyday, but I was just wondering, I would like my geese to be calm around me, they are embden eggs, and I was just wondering is there away, to help them imprint on u? Any help welcome :)

I would like to know if a gander can fertilize duck eggs, and is it possible for a drake to mate with a goose? What will be the offspring between such matings? Any help @Miss Lydia or any other expert?

I would like to know if a gander can fertilize duck eggs, and is it possible for a drake to mate with a goose? What will be the offspring between such matings? Any help @Miss Lydia or any other expert?
A drake can mate with a goose and a gander can mate with a duck happened here for 5 yrs but no off spring can come of it.

You should get a livestock dog, it won't allow your birds to roam freely forever but big, scary, protective dogs sure do help. Especially when they bark at everything that moves or makes sound. Usually by now we literally see coyotes stalking the perimeter of our yard, but with Moose (only 6 months old) and his deep, bellowing bark, we haven't even heard them yet. They still go inside at night, except my goose decided to brood out in the open, so now at night we leave Moose outside with her.

Back
Top Bottom