Rant about neighbours

yoker

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
I am so frustrated right now with my neighbours. The neighbours on one side have a dog that runs around the neighbour hood and they find nothing wrong with it. and our new neighbours dogs come over and dig in the compost or bark at the horses or today they attacked a chicken which now I have to keep separate so that the others don't peck at it because the skin broke open and you can see the muscle. The only reason the chicken is not dead is because I happened to hear it squaking and ran outside in time to save it. It just makes me mad.
barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif

I wish people would keep their animals on there property and respect other peoples property.

Call animal control about the dogs. Animal contorl will take care of the problem. I did that with a loose dog in the neighborhood. They brought a trap over to my house. I set the trap, caught the dog and animal control came to pick it up. Problem solved. I'm happy.

yup animal control they would have to pay a fine just to get the dog back so it would hopefully teach them a lesson. there should be a leash law depending upon where you live that's a big fine too.

So sorry about your troubles. I think there are too many irresponsible pet owners out there.
smack.gif
Loose dogs don't fair well around here. I don't have many neighbors, and they keep their dogs in their houses, so if a stray comes along and keeps coming back after being chased away from the chickens, won't get more than three chances. I cannot afford to loose my animals. Pics are worth a thousand words in a court of law.
thumbsup.gif

By any chance do you have a paint ball gun?
wink.png
We did that many years ago and the dog's owner took the hint. Of course, it's best to talk to them first. Sometimes they don't know what their dogs are up to when they are out running around.

Good news!
We went and told the new neighbours what happened to make sure they new and they were like sorry sorry about that. They said they will keep there dog tied up now unless they are watching it. We didn't want to make a complaint the first time we met our new neighbours so we just let them know and it worked out good. The other neighbours dog that runs around the problem with them is they are relitives of ours so we don't really want to have to start a fight or anything. also they won't keep the dog at home unless someone complains and has a good enough reason.

b.hromada :

So glad they see it your way.
thumbsup.gif
Now to work on those relatives, huh?

Yeah, rehome them and get ones that are more appropriate to your neighborhood!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, rehome them and get ones that are more appropriate to your neighborhood!!
big_smile.png

Lol! some of the things you guys come up with crack me up!
lau.gif

Quote:
Sounds like they just need to get rid of the dog if they're not willing to put up a fence. Where I live there are strict laws about tethering dogs. A dog may not be tethered more than one hour at a time and no more than (I think) 3 hours per day. Each hour must be separated by a minimum of one hour. Evidently they considered tethering to be inhumane enough to write the law, so it doesn't sound like this is a good option (for the dog), even though it is a better option for your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom