Rare Blue Fawn Rouens

Pics
It is the states university blood test, that shows purity of breeds, same one they use for dogs when you want to enter them in the AKC, they just use duck genetics in the place to determine what breed it is, so they could easily tell the difference between any duck breed. . Once that is done I simply just asked them to send a copy of the genes present that caused the specific change in phenotype. :)
Bringing back an old dead thread..

'buff goose guy' would still like to know more about the testing you received or perhaps you can share some of the results given to you?

I just cannot understand how there can be testing for this, so would like to know more.

The AKC also states: "The AKC offers a comprehensive set of voluntary and mandatory programs to ensure the integrity of the AKC registry: voluntary DNA Profiling; the Frequently Used Sires requirement; the Fresh-Extended/Frozen Semen requirement; the Multiple-Sired Litter Registration Policy; the Import Breeding Stock requirement; and the Kennel Inspections/Compliance Audit Program. The AKC has built the world's largest database of canine DNA profiles for parentage verification and genetic identity purposes. AKC DNA testing does not evaluate the breed of dog."

The parents were normal gray Rouens. The lady had a Saxony hen, (died before the ducklings hatched, so definitely not hers) and a Runner hen, but they don't stand upright so I don't think they are a cross.
A picture of the male (first picture he was startled, thus the more upright pose) They usually stand about 10-30 degrees above horizontal like a normal Rouen.

They are 11 weeks.
Oh my god! That looks like one of my babies! I’ve been wanting to confirm what she is, because i work at a wildlife rehab & I am always fascinated by dumped duck cases (one of my bajillions of jobs is to house or find new homes for dumped domestic ducks or mixed breed babies found in the wild) & I’m currently raising 2 mystery babies who came in from Carmel, Indiana bu two separate people that “were found” as hatchlings, wandering around. Stella is a pastel blue & is starting to look like that, & then the other one is a fawn color with the rouen stripe. My rehabber thinks it’s dumb to look at all of these things, but I was planning on going to school for zoology and genetics so I love to speculate on their genetic backgrounds when we get in dumped ducks

Oh my god! That looks like one of my babies! I’ve been wanting to confirm what she is, because i work at a wildlife rehab & I am always fascinated by dumped duck cases (one of my bajillions of jobs is to house or find new homes for dumped domestic ducks or mixed breed babies found in the wild) & I’m currently raising 2 mystery babies who came in from Carmel, Indiana bu two separate people that “were found” as hatchlings, wandering around. Stella is a pastel blue & is starting to look like that, & then the other one is a fawn color with the rouen stripe. My rehabber thinks it’s dumb to look at all of these things, but I was planning on going to school for zoology and genetics so I love to speculate on their genetic backgrounds when we get in dumped ducks
I’d love to see some pictures!

C18B6B09-14C9-40BD-A490-ACCDB1FE45E3.jpeg

Please excuse the poopy mess, at the time she was with several ducklings & i took the picture in cleaning time (I should've done pictures after cleaning and not right before) It's been about 2 or 3 weeks since I took this photo & SHE IS GETTING HUGE!!! Starlight (the other "mystery duckling" I was talking about is still really really teeny but is just a fawn shade of her but the pictures of her won't load)

Back
Top Bottom