Re homing my chickens

Oolala

Songster
Jun 29, 2017
France
Hi Everyone, I need some advice on re homingmy chickens. Unfortunately I cannot take my girls with me as I am leaving France to return to the Uk. I have three girls which I have had for a few years now and want to know what is the best time to rehome, during the day or night. The lady that is taking them has about ten chickens, they are in quite a big enclosed garden space so they will have loads of room to free range, not as big as they are used to in my garden. I have chosen this lady because all her hens and geese are well looked after. She doesnt speak a word of English and my french isnt fluent so I am trusting my judgement on giving my girls to her by the way her whole garden, house and animals are well cared for.

New chickens should go into quarantine before joining a new flock. Just to be on the safe side. But if she doesn't care, night time would be best. Place the chickens on the perch in the dark. They will still get pecked and need to find their place in the group... but it's usually easier for all.
Good luck with your move!

Back
Top Bottom