realy bad chick need help now

michigan chick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Sparta MI
I found a chick in my broader with his head under his body like he was half way threw a summer salt. I put him up to a water dish and he did take a couple of drinks. But he still keeps trying to peck at his own chest and then just falls butt over head he was born June 22 and is a black asto. he will not take food or grit. his breathing seems fine. he seems to stand ok its just when he tucks his head in that he falls witch is the only place he wants his head. he is also chirping fine not swauking or anything. help fast please

Hmmm... could be crook neck or could be an air sac problem OR could be the crop or injury.

A pic would surely help.

In the meantime, separate this chick and keep him warm. You may have to dribble water on the beak to help keep him hydrated. Electrolytes like Avia Charge in the water wouldn't hurt.

It seems just to be air and more on the shoulder area then where the crop is but the crop seem to be empty. I do not know what crook neck is. And she doesnt seem to be injured. I will get a pic asap.

DSCF0194.jpg

This is the best I could do. hard to see in photo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom