Recessive Red eyed cinnamon/silver guineas (New pics)

Quote:
OMG you guineas are amazing... but for whatever a novice keepers opinion is worth... I do still agree with GL93... like ok, so we have a pure white guineafowl.. OK so we call it white fair enough... but when the white spots show up on the bird.. I dont know what Im trying to say really... maybe this bird should be called something other than pearly white? To avoid confusion?

Thanks
Zach

LOL Zach, come on, she bred the bird, shouldn't she be able to call it whatever she wants?

There are variations in all of our colors here in the US, why not in the White as well? I know you guys do not have much to work with down there as far as variations and mutations go but it doesn't take much for a new mutation to develop over here (which is why we have 20+ different colors plus). Zaz has a huge flock, of lots of colors... there's a pretty high chance of something new to pop up in her hatches.

Scroll up and read my first reply to you about opacity, you might have missed it.

Agreed
big_smile.png

I understand now... pearly whites just threw me a little
roll.png
LOL

Last edited:
perchie.girl :

Hey Oz guys.....
thumbsup.gif
hang in there trolls are not usually tolerated for long here. with close to 10,000 members BYC is patrolled by very very good Moderators.

FWIW: your phone camera may just be an olympus.... I worked in the Telecommunications industry Cell phones to be exact and believe me they do NOT put their own hardware and software in the phone if it exists already. So it is totally possible the camera that took the pix was a n Olympus digital.... Lens and software.

Am looking forward to the resumption of the OP's topic.... trying to packin a hundred years of learnin in one life time here..... My Guineas are under six months old and come from PeepsCA breeding stock. I cant have white here because of the Mountain lions and Bob Cats and Coyotes..... Sigh. light colors just seem to disappear out of the flocks up here.

deb
pop.gif
caf.gif

Holey moley, that's some cool predators (not for your birds of course) We have introduced foxes, and wild dogs (dingo dog hybrids), alot of deadly snakes, and heaps of birds of prey.​

Quote:
Holey moley, that's some cool predators (not for your birds of course) We have introduced foxes, and wild dogs (dingo dog hybrids), alot of deadly snakes, and heaps of birds of prey.

Oh there is more The usual flying things. Hawks, Owls, Falcons, even Ravens will steal eggs and chicks. Then there are also the Raccoons, weasels and Desert foxes, Our rattle snakes aren't as dangerous as the snakes you have but some of them are as big around as my forearm and more than four feet long. Very intimidating. I see their tracks in the sand on the road. I have a rock canyon that goes behind the house that is about twenty feet deep and have heard mountain lion screams from there. They sound like a woman or even a peacock screaming with a dog bark at the end.

out of fifty one keets I started with I am left with seven. Most were nabbed before their stripes were off their head. I Now have three females and four males. ONe of the females had her leg pulled off through Chainlink.... Miss Peggy survived and is happily Buck Wheating her head off hopping around on one foot. Oh and I have one lavender one lavender that has a brownish hue (Miss Peggy) One pied and Three Pearls. The two light colored birds are females and I have one Pearl female.

The coop and run are secure now.... and everyone is on lock down till I start getting eggs.

deb

Just curious as to how many other people on here have red-eyed birds, have done some reaserch and apparently only in Oz? But you never know , someone, somewhere might have red eyed birds?
Some of my birds, cinnamon pieds....
48408_animal_photos_for_ads_005.jpg

Silver hen (red eyed lav cinnamon)
48408_animal_photos_for_ads_1_017.jpg

Cinnamon pied keet
48408_animals_from_home_and_parents_112.jpg
I am belatedly answering the question: "semi albino" guinea fowl in Europe.

Attachments

• pintades alibinos partiel.jpg
    pintades alibinos partiel.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 2
Are those your birds? Are you in Europe?
Not yet, but maybe in a week or two. and yes, i'm in France .a priori they were born in an industrial breeding. 3 died before 1 year because they became totally blind. and the remaining 2 have not reproduced this year. they get hit by others because they can't see very well. I may be able to recover them to try to reproduce them.

Attachments

• 290291441_399785068608746_618005083126848352_n.jpg
    290291441_399785068608746_618005083126848352_n.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 10
Not yet, but maybe in a week or two. and yes, i'm in France .a priori they were born in an industrial breeding. 3 died before 1 year because they became totally blind. and the remaining 2 have not reproduced this year. they get hit by others because they can't see very well. I may be able to recover them to try to reproduce them.
Poor babies!! The red eyes look interesting, but I had read previously that they cause difficulties for the Guinea fowl. Best of luck with them!

Back
Top Bottom