Recommendations for camera in the coop?

Both. I check it live from my phone frequently during the day. I also check the history every morning to see what has been around during the night. The cameras also have a setting for an alarm when motion is detected that can be turned off and on.

I use the Wyze cameras. I have a couple of different models but the V3 is my favorite with the V2 right behind that. They do require wifi and power. The V2s work daisy chained off of one another, haven't tried that with the V3 and I'm not sure if it's an option. They have an outdoor cam that is rechargeable, good option if you don't have power in the area you want the cameras but my least favorite. Video quality is good. App is good. Price is right at $20 per camera.

They are fun though. You can catch pictures like Waffle doing her best cheese puff impression (quarantine coop, outdoor Wyze cam)
View attachment 2482275

Aliens in their brooder (V2)
View attachment 2482279

Sleeping potatoes (V2)
View attachment 2482281
And I've even provided footage to their vet when I had a young cockerel die suddenly overnight and then again when one of my pullets had some odd respiratory effort overnight.
With the wyze cameras, do you need an SD card with it? Or can I view what’s going on through my phone?

Is it the stuff you peel and stick? Does the stickyness hold up with humidity and cold etc. outside? Sorry for hijacking a camera thread but you have got me thinking about coop decorating!
If you use peak n stick make sure your wall is primed with paint before putting up.

As for cameras I have Swann wifi cams for my horse stalls, a Reolink POE in the barn aisle, and I just got a Reolink pan/tilt wifi which sucks, as the wifi signal is horrible even at only 30'. I am going to put an ethernet cable on it and skip the wifi signal, I have a router in the barn. My Swann wifi cams r awesome so I was disappointed in the Reolink. I had planned on putting it in the hen house...

If u can use cable (such as POE) that is generally better than wifi for signal integrity.

I have both YI camera and Wyze camera. Yo tends to glitch out too often so I prefer the Wyze and plan to switch completely over to them. I am looking at the no wire outdoor Wyze for my coop. I've used the wired ones inside before but the hens always mess with the cord no matter how hard I try 🤣

I have both YI camera and Wyze camera. Yo tends to glitch out too often so I prefer the Wyze and plan to switch completely over to them. I am looking at the no wire outdoor Wyze for my coop. I've used the wired ones inside before but the hens always mess with the cord no matter how hard I try 🤣
You need to run cables in a proper channel :) 1" PVC is awesome for this and hens can't peck through it. It also protects the cables from the weather, etc.

Cameras are soooo much fun! Love technology :)

You need to run cables in a proper channel :) 1" PVC is awesome for this and hens can't peck through it. It also protects the cables from the weather, etc.

Cameras are soooo much fun! Love technology :)
The new bigger coop we are building I could totally do that but the current coops are smaller and it would be more work than it's worth plus I need to have extension cords run up there. It's easier to pay the extra $25 for the wire free camera 😁
I'll keep the corded ones close to the house.

Back
Top Bottom