machopartridge

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2021
Chicago, IL
Due to a possible infection caused by the dried game bird feed, I'm looking for any suggestions or recommendations on what to feed my adult Chukar Partridges.
  • Are there any brands of game bird feed that is the gold standard?
    • What percent of protein is typically ideal for adult partridges?
    • Nutrients?
  • Apparently staying away from fresh lettuce is also recommended - tips on this?
  • Any other tips on food in general?
    • mealworm treats and how often?
  • Water (possibly adding electrolytes like pedialyte every 2 weeks, etc.)?
Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Attaching an image from a website that posted "diet specifications for Chukar Partridges"
Should I be following this label?

Attachments

• screenshot-www.aces.edu-2021.09.07-20_24_44.png
    screenshot-www.aces.edu-2021.09.07-20_24_44.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 160
I was going to ask today about Dr. Pol as well! I can't figure out if this is food food or a treat based on the comments on line. So I will be interested to see what others say as well

My Chukars have been on Purina maint. for a year and are doing very well.
They love almonds as a treat, chopped up to a size they can deal with, and for more protein they get some dried mealworms each day.
Chukars eat cheatgrass and greens in the wild so when I have the time and/or energy I dig up smooth leaved dandylions and bits of grass and "plant" it in a shallow planter with office clips so they can grab and tear it without the whole plant coming out. They really like this as well and I think it keeps them pretty healthy and happy. All this said, I only have two, a rescue and his friend that I needed to get to keep him company.

My Chukars have been on Purina maint. for a year and are doing very well.
They love almonds as a treat, chopped up to a size they can deal with, and for more protein they get some dried mealworms each day.
Chukars eat cheatgrass and greens in the wild so when I have the time and/or energy I dig up smooth leaved dandylions and bits of grass and "plant" it in a shallow planter with office clips so they can grab and tear it without the whole plant coming out. They really like this as well and I think it keeps them pretty healthy and happy. All this said, I only have two, a rescue and his friend that I needed to get to keep him company.
All my birds like the kalmbach flock raiser or flock maintainer crumbles....I have ordered it from chewy and the feed store near my house supposedly stocks it as well.

Back
Top Bottom