record book templates?

littlelune810

Chirping
Nov 6, 2015
Washington State
I'm coming from a 4H background (although I showed horses not chickens). Record keeping was always a big part of it. I would like to keep records of my flock once I get started this spring. I want to track feed expenses and shelter expenses, egg laying for each bird, any notes on behavior and health, and any other miscellaneous. I prefer an old fashioned paper and pencil approach, any idea where I can find a template similar to ones 4H might use... Or maybe I can get a 4H one? Or can anyone share maybe a few pictures of their pages to show how you organize your journal/record? I will only have a small flock of about 4 hens and I do not plan to do any breeding for the foreseeable future (can't have a rooster at my house per husband's and neighbors request). Thanks in advance!!

I'm coming from a 4H background (although I showed horses not chickens). Record keeping was always a big part of it. I would like to keep records of my flock once I get started this spring. I want to track feed expenses and shelter expenses, egg laying for each bird, any notes on behavior and health, and any other miscellaneous. I prefer an old fashioned paper and pencil approach, any idea where I can find a template similar to ones 4H might use... Or maybe I can get a 4H one? Or can anyone share maybe a few pictures of their pages to show how you organize your journal/record? I will only have a small flock of about 4 hens and I do not plan to do any breeding for the foreseeable future (can't have a rooster at my house per husband's and neighbors request). Thanks in advance!!
I would think that your horse record keeping experience would transfer over pretty easily to chickens.....
.......but check with 4H they may have something.

I use a spread sheet, I kept track of building expenses, but don't factor it in to feed/egg sales as it's just too depressing.....haha.

I use a spread sheet, I kept track of building expenses, but don't factor it in to feed/egg sales as it's just too depressing.....haha.
Just what I was wondering this morning. I haven't tracked ANYthing yet, except that every time I go to the store I spend at least $100.00. I've built one coop and am working on another, and plan to build yet another one after that. I was thinking I would start record keeping at that point, after the building part is over lol. I know its cheating but as you said, it's kind of depressing to think about how much money I have put into this already and could never recoup.

I was thinking I would start record keeping at that point, after the building part is over lol. I know its cheating
I kept track of everything on going(so I wouldn't forget), just some I don't factor into annual numbers as that's the hobby part(like the coop, run, and a new incubator)...so not cheating ;)

Back
Top Bottom