Recovering from predator attack

Honestly a vet giving a saline IV or injection would be the best help.
Hopefully, that will happen when they get to the vet.
That’s my hope too. She’s still behaving the same, we gave her the other antibiotic injection that the vet last night sent us home with. I’ve been giving her water out of a dropper on the sides of her beak and landed a few in her mouth. It’s hard to tell if she’s swallowing but that’s the best we feel we can do right now. We’ll be rushing to the vet the second they open tomorrow, I’m just hoping she holds on through tonight. Thank you all for offering advice and checking in. I really hope she makes it.

Waffles made it to the vet thank goodness. She seemed a bit more alert this morning and was straining less when breathing. When we dropped her off the vets put her in a shallow pool where she decided to drink some water! She's going to be with them for the next few days at least so they can monitor her and provide her with all the fluids and help she needs. They said she's not out of the woods as anything can still happen but she has a chance to make it and they'll do everything they can.

I can't thank you guys enough, I'll keep you updated and continue to hope for the best!

Waffles made it to the vet thank goodness. She seemed a bit more alert this morning and was straining less when breathing. When we dropped her off the vets put her in a shallow pool where she decided to drink some water! She's going to be with them for the next few days at least so they can monitor her and provide her with all the fluids and help she needs. They said she's not out of the woods as anything can still happen but she has a chance to make it and they'll do everything they can.

I can't thank you guys enough, I'll keep you updated and continue to hope for the best!
That is great to hear. Hopefully she will start doing better while getting the help she needs at the vet.

Waffles update: Vet called us to check in this morning and it was all good news! She's drinking water, splashing around a bit, and just generally looking brighter. They think/hope her raspy breathing is just from a swollen throat area that will heal with time. They've also given her multiple tube feedings and are able to increase the amount each time, and are hoping she'll want to try eating on her own soon. I asked the vet if there were any red flags we should be worried about and she said it's all trending in the right direction. "Cautiously optimistic." Still no guarantees but I'm crying tears of joy for the first time in 3 days. Here are some pics of my sweet girl.

8018B96A-374E-4FBE-B03F-59AEDB094071.jpg
IMG_6822.jpg

Waffles update: Vet called us to check in this morning and it was all good news! She's drinking water, splashing around a bit, and just generally looking brighter. They think/hope her raspy breathing is just from a swollen throat area that will heal with time. They've also given her multiple tube feedings and are able to increase the amount each time, and are hoping she'll want to try eating on her own soon. I asked the vet if there were any red flags we should be worried about and she said it's all trending in the right direction. "Cautiously optimistic." Still no guarantees but I'm crying tears of joy for the first time in 3 days. Here are some pics of my sweet girl.

View attachment 3192028View attachment 3192029
That's FANTASTIC!!!!!

She's adorable! #TeamWaffles!!!

Back
Top Bottom