Red in and green out!

Nutrient dense

Hatching
Jan 29, 2015
Suffolk UK
Hi all.
A while since I have posted but thought I should share some interesting pictures that might help someone out in the future.
The following is what you get when you feed a large portion of red/purple cabbage to your chooks. They probably had about a pound each so results may vary depending on how much you give them. Absolutely no health issues before or after these rather vivid droppings and they only came out like this for 1 day.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Thanks for all the welcomes.
No greens at all that day, that's why I posted that red cabbage will cause green poop. The red colour disappears somewhere along the line.
Have seen posts on a few sites relating to this and just wanted to make it more common knowledge.
Gary

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Thanks for posting this information! I'm sure some members will find it helpful if they feed their chickens a lot of cabbage and suddenly suspect that their chickens are sick!

Back
Top Bottom