Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
If anyone would like a wiring diagram for the Farm Master, I will draw up a schematic. It's really simple so it won't be much of a task at all. I'll put it on my to-do list...

Quote:
Friend loaded it in the back of his truck by himself. He has a small toyota pick up. This morning when I got home I got it out the back of my high bed Dodge. With me being only tall enough to kick a duck in the butt, I had heck's own time getting it to the ground. Danged thing has to weigh in close to 90#. I plugged it in this afternoon after checking the heating element. Light came on, fan ran quietly, and in only a matter of minutes it warmed up to 90.5*. I did notice that the heating elements are not original to the incubator. They are labeled as 186 watts total, 2 resistance coils, wired paralell. I think this may be a little small for the cabinet. But only time will tell. I can not run it for any length of time, I have to clean cobwebs and rat nest out of it first. But it is all there, turning rods, racks, 2 out of 3 of the water trays (with no rust holes), original thermo/hygrometer. Has anyone ever operated one of these using the little giant egg turners? Seems I read earlier in this thread that some one was doing that, if so how'd it turn out?

[/URL]

Well I joined the club. Found by a friend on the side of the road put out for the garbage man.
It's been updated near as I can tell. Heating elements appear near new, fan motor is not new but it's less than 50 years old. Wired with romex cable, new snap switches, wafers shine like near new.
It does have what appears to be new water pans and the original hygrometer/thermometer.
Price was right!!!!
Do ya feel like a thief ?? lol How lucky. Hey I tell ya what to help ya feel less guilt I will offer ya twice what ya paid fer it!! lol Congrats You will love that thing

[/URL]

Well I joined the club. Found by a friend on the side of the road put out for the garbage man.
It's been updated near as I can tell. Heating elements appear near new, fan motor is not new but it's less than 50 years old. Wired with romex cable, new snap switches, wafers shine like near new.
It does have what appears to be new water pans and the original hygrometer/thermometer.
Price was right!!!!

I am surprised how different this is in construction to the Farm Master, which from external appearance is so similar.

It's in the shop set up and running. Set the left thermostat at 101.5, the right thermostat is set at 99.8. Seems to be hold 99.8 +/- .3.
Spent the day scrubbing it with denatured alcohol. I replace the door gasket, and both thermostat wafers.
Some observations I made during the clean up.
The trays are not original, these are either rebuilt trays or trays made from scratch. No way are they even 10 years old. No rust, no corrosion, galvanized metal is still bright.
It has at some point in its life has been gutted and all the wiring, fan motor, thermostats have been changed.
I have three turning rods, two are identical, the third is built differently, the cross piece that slides under the eggs is upholstered with flannel clothe.
That brings me back to the trays. Three of them are fitted with the zigzag metal inserts. The forth is fitted with sheet metal bars, like maybe five evenly spaced the entire depth of the tray. The forth tray is the one with the flannel turning rod.
Some one spent a great deal of time and money rebuilding this thing. Or maybe it was an old incubator and they some how from somewhere ordered new old stock parts. I don't know, can't figure how this thing came to be in the garbage.. Obviously some one loved it.
I'll see if I can get pictures of the trays and turners.

Ok!
Test run-
36 eggs.
Temp set at 99.8, high cut off 101.5.

I set on the top shelf only. Using a little giant turner. Figure I could use only one shelf, plenty of head room for the turner.

Back
Top Bottom