Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
Mine is not pretty, but it is operational.
@WalnutHill, how much do we trust these STC1000's, for temp accuracy? I have two other separate digital thermometer/hygrometers in there, sitting next to each other, and neither of them, is reading anything close to what the STC1000 readout is set at.
My unit cam as a Celsius only unit,moo I set it at 37.5°C. It is functioning well and operating the heater and fan.
I began with the probe near the bottom, and the two other devices near the middle of the front. While I got supposedly got 0.1°C accuracy, on the STC1000, the thermometer/hygrometer from the safe read 107°F, and the one from my cigar humidor, read 102°F. That's WAY different, than the set point of the STC1000.
None of these pieces of temperature measurement, is scientific grade, but, then again, neither is a hen's fluffy rump. I don't know what to make of it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Placement of the sensor of the STC1000 is critical. I find placing mine near the middle of the second from the bottom egg tray is ideal. F4 is the calibration adjustment. Close vents when calibrating, and watch the effect of vents on temps. I find that opening the top vent causes overheat on the bottom.

I am also interested in the same old Redwood Incubators. If you know anyone in Iowa or surrounding states let me know. I am looking for a good operating one for my first. I'm also looking for any Nature Form NOM 45's, GQF Sportsman's if anyone has or knows of any.

Just fired up, "Old Faithful", a Montgomery Wards restored. After a year in hibernation she was outfitted with a new wafer and hand turner. Within 20 minutes was up to 100 degrees and holding steady. So in 21 days we gonna have a bunch of chicks. Love this bater!

Does anyone have an old kerosene incubator, working or not? I am curious as to the design of the "nursery" tray and the provision for chicks to drop out of the hatching tray into the nursery. I see some references to a "diaphragm". I'm thinking about replicating some of the functionality and would like to see the inner workings of an original.

I just bought a Leahy 65-4 redwood incubator. 65 egg, 4 viewing windows, electric.

It has no egg/hatching tray, no water pan, no manual. Does anyone have one of these or info to share?

I just bought a Leahy 65-4 redwood incubator. 65 egg, 4 viewing windows, electric.

It has no egg/hatching tray, no water pan, no manual. Does anyone have one of these or info to share?

I have made a hatching tray from plastic window molding and corrugated plastic box, both items from a junk pile. And stainless steel server trays work great as humidity pans. I will post pictures later today. That was half the fun of restoring ours finding ways to replace the lost original parts. Even made some turners fashioned after some other members posts from this forum.

Back
Top Bottom