Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
I've had it for about 5 years -without problems! It's so hard to see things as the thermostats are behind the fan but I'll try to feel for the microswitch - is it at the bottom or on the side?

I've had it for about 5 years -without problems! It's so hard to see things as the thermostats are behind the fan but I'll try to feel for the microswitch - is it at the bottom or on the side?
The flat bottom of the wafer presses into the silver button of the micro-switch. I had to unscrew the top cover of my #416 to get to them. Mainly because I didn't want to crawl inside the incubator!

We opened the top to get a better look and feel.The working side has a nice click on the micro-switch the non-working side does not. It is squishy and barely makes a sound. Is it possible to buy just the microswitch or do I need or is it better to get the whole thermostat.
Thanks again.Barbara

We opened the top to get a better look and feel.The working side has a nice click on the micro-switch the non-working side does not. It is squishy and barely makes a sound. Is it possible to buy just the microswitch or do I need or is it better to get the whole thermostat.
Thanks again.Barbara
You could try a little WD40 or contact cleaner on a q-tip on the micro switch button. But I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it. Check the wafer while you have it out. Shake it and listen to it. You should hear liquid inside it. If there is no sound or if it rattles then you need a new wafer.

GQF Manufacturing sells them along with other places. The new versions from GQF has a surge protection doohickyon the bottom where you screw the wires onto. It probably won't fit in mount with that on it. Just take the screws out and it will lift out. Put your existing wires back on and then put it back in the mount. Remember the button of the microswitch goes under the center of the wafer.

Thanks for the reply. What size incubator are you looking for? I come across different types now then and might be able to help you find one.

Just wanted to share a short video of our incubator, we found a lot of information helping us through this forum.
0.jpg

Hey guys,
I'm wanting to sell my old Leahy, no trays, it turns on fan blows, and heats up.
Help me on pricing?
I've posted before, we were back and forth on restoring it. Then we moved and life happened.

Back
Top Bottom