Reeves Pheasants

pheasantfanatic

Hatching
5 Years
May 30, 2014
Does anyone have any pics of young reeves pheasants? I just got a few 5 week olds and I was wondering how to sex them and what theyll look like in the coming weeks. Thanks for any pics or advise!

You won't be able to sex them until they are older. Sometimes when they are just born you can tell by the eye color for a couple of days but on;y if your lighting is right. Also some clues are the males will have the bump on the back of their legs for the talon.

I was really confused becuase 2 were black and 5 were brown. Well after talking to the guy who sold them to me I found out the black ones were black pheasants. Idk why he sent those! If anyone has any tips for raising reeves id really appreciate it.

Not sure what you mean but no they are not sick they just hatched and their eyes are closed.
My birds just came out of some sickness and those closed eyes just reminded me of it (you can see signs of an incoming sickness by looking at their eyes). But ok. Nice new pic.

Hi Tony,
No I normally never have any trouble with my reeves chicks or any of my others except for one time I did do the electrolytes for a red golden chick that the mother had pushed out and that was only because it was weak.
Why does he give them the med. are they showing signs of being sick? What do you mean they don't do well? What is he having problems with? I hatched alot of chicks last year and only lost one and that was my doing.

Back
Top Bottom