Reference to black chicks

Not sure ive ever seen the color purpleish green before
big_smile.png

I havent looked yet, this must be a followup, and your chickens are black autralorps?

Ok off to find what i missed.

LOL ok well what I mean to say is at some angles the feathers have a purple hue to them and at others they have a green hue
tongue.png

well can anyone tell me what type of chick this is? it's either a black langshan or a black cochin. But they have a white tip at the end of the wings. You can't see it in the picture. But it is right at their butt. So, I'm at a loss to figure it out. Who can help?

TuesdayApril2420079.jpg

Black birds, always have the different colored ghues to them, they can range from pruple, blue, green ect...Such gorgeous coloring.

on my Duck, you can see the blue hues on her wings.
100_9177.jpg

Hey cheepchicks, the light brown one looks like a Salmon Faverollle. If it has 5 toes then it definitely is one. And your black ones are identical to mine. Is that a blue cochin in the background? I just love the blue's.... They are precious with their pajama looking legs. I have 2 pullets that are blue cochins. And just a while ago, Big Blue jumped up and sat on my shoulder. I had a fit. They have never done that before. I would take about 25 more of them!!!
smile.png

Hello CG,

I am not sure on the number of toes on the light colored chick, I will count them tomorrow. I have lots of chicks I have no way of IDing. The black ones do look just like yours. The blue ones I was leaning towards thinking were maybe cochins. I will add another picture of them and the yellow ones that look like them.

Thanks CG for helping me with IDs of some and to all for the comments and making me feel welcome.

chicks8weeks006.jpg

That is for sure a blue cochin and the other is a buff cochin. They are sweet chicks too. Looks like you have your hands full like me. Thanks for sharing your pics. Where did you get your chicks? I got mine from McMurray Hatchery.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom