Rehabing a bullied duck

Bird Worrier

Songster
6 Years
Dec 31, 2017
We have a beta male duck who has gotten so bullied that he has lost weight and is lame. He is separated from the rest of the flock, although right next to them, and we're wondering how to get him healthy quickly. Other than slugs and extra helpings of grain, what can we give this boy to bring him back?

Poultry Nutri drench can help. Good feed always available. Rest and water therapy for his lameness and also B complex can help with leg injuries it helps support the muscles.
Thank you, Miss Lydia! I just picked up some Nutri-Drench. I want to give it to him directly in his mouth. He weighs about 3 lbs so I will give him 3 ml directly in his mouth for rapid response as that's what it says on the label. Does that sound right? Feeding it straight without dilution?

you can buy vitamins to give him to help him stay healthy. i also agree with the nutri-drench. we give my ducks a daily salad that i think could also help him gain weight. cucumber, tomato, romaine lettuce, and a cup of mealworms. i always give my ducks unlimited feed, but if you don’t i suggest doing it for him. you could give him minnows, peas, and corn (all treats we limit for our ducks because it causes weight gain, but in this case weight gain is good)

you can buy vitamins to give him to help him stay healthy. i also agree with the nutri-drench. we give my ducks a daily salad that i think could also help him gain weight. cucumber, tomato, romaine lettuce, and a cup of mealworms. i always give my ducks unlimited feed, but if you don’t i suggest doing it for him. you could give him minnows, peas, and corn (all treats we limit for our ducks because it causes weight gain, but in this case weight gain is good)
Our lame duck is a Welsh Harlequin. All of our ducks get veggies daily and we feed them nutritional yeast with their organic grains.
What I'm most concerned with now is how to dose our boy. It says on the bottle to give it straight from the bottle for rapid response. But I'm worried, I've never used this stuff before.

Back
Top Bottom