Rehome - 2.5 year old coturnix quail North GA

jaywalking

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2023
Hey guys, I have 2 quail (named Toaster and Cookie Butter) at the moment but I am worried that Toaster will pass soon. She is having trouble walking lately and I live 600 miles away so I cannot help her (unfortunately it's not just bumblefoot, Im not sure what it is). I went to college last year and left them under my parents care. I went home to visit and noticed her declining health. Her buddy Cookie Butter is fine and has never had any issues. I am worried Cookie Butter will be lonely if she loses Toaster.

If anyone in the northeast Georgia area would like to take in Cookie Butter when her buddy passes, let me know. My parents said they'd be willing to give her to someone that can take care of her if I found them.

In the image attached Toaster is on the left and Cookie Butter is on the right.
Screenshot_20230817_142637_Gallery.jpg

If you can get her up to VA I can take her, I have two coturnix hens so she’d have friends for the end of her life. I may be able to meet you partway? It’s a bit far unfortunately

Awe I have some friends that just moved to Hauk Ga. Let me know
Hey, I just got home for spring break and Toaster's health has taken a decline. My parents are not as much of a helicopter quail parent as I am so Toaster has (I can't remember the name because it's been so long) a swollen foot with a knob in the middle and was bleeding everywhere from a lost toe when I got home today.

I am not sure if I should cull her or not. If I cull her, I will have to cull cookie butter too or re-home her since I think it would be torture for her to live alone. Do you have any advice on this? I should probably make a new thread asking about culling.. I'm not sure how this website works 😭😭

If I cull her, I'm going to take her to a vet to do it. I am just not sure if it is better to cull them or if they are happy.

I am not sure where hauk, GA is but I am in Hall county. I would love to re-home both of them to someone who is willing to take care of them more than my parents, lol.

Hey, I just got home for spring break and Toaster's health has taken a decline. My parents are not as much of a helicopter quail parent as I am so Toaster has (I can't remember the name because it's been so long) a swollen foot with a knob in the middle and was bleeding everywhere from a lost toe when I got home today.

I am not sure if I should cull her or not. If I cull her, I will have to cull cookie butter too or re-home her since I think it would be torture for her to live alone. Do you have any advice on this? I should probably make a new thread asking about culling.. I'm not sure how this website works 😭😭

If I cull her, I'm going to take her to a vet to do it. I am just not sure if it is better to cull them or if they are happy.

I am not sure where hauk, GA is but I am in Hall county. I would love to re-home both of them to someone who is willing to take care of them more than my parents, lol.
are you able to send a photo? what color is the knob? sounds potentially like a later stage of bumblefoot. were you able to stop the bleeding for the toe?

are you able to send a photo? what color is the knob? sounds potentially like a later stage of bumblefoot. were you able to stop the bleeding for the toe?
Yes bumble foot that's the name! I forgot since it's been so long since I've dealt with it. The toe is no longer bleeding.

It's definitely a later stage of bumble foot. I planned on looking into helping her with that today.

I'll get a photo when I go outside and grab her.

Yes bumble foot that's the name! I forgot since it's been so long since I've dealt with it. The toe is no longer bleeding.

It's definitely a later stage of bumble foot. I planned on looking into helping her with that today.

I'll get a photo when I go outside and grab her.
bumblefoot can be treated with effort, but at this stage it may have spread too much, especially if it's turning necrotic

"Soak the foot in warm water and Epsom salts. When the scab has softened, remove it to expose the pus-filled cavity. Flush the cavity with hydrogen peroxide to clean out the pus and debris. Pack the cavity with antibiotic ointment, and then wrap the foot to keep the cavity clean."

Back
Top Bottom