Rehoming my Rooster

Thanks for your kind words. I did feel much better about re homing my boy after reading everyone's advice. He was a lovely rooster and wasn't showing any signs of being viscious. We bought a fertile egg for our clucky girl and of course it was a rooster. I did notice today that the surrogate mother was looking for her boy. She kept wondering off from the other girls and seemed a little out of sorts. I'm hoping in the next couple of days to get a Buff Orphington and a Blue Laced Wyandotte to soften the blow loosing our boy. Thanks again!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in re-homing your rooster.

I am having to re home my rooster also.. Any help in a good direction to do this would be great .

Colorado area I can get him anywhere. Arvada area.. Can send his buddy with him.
Needs a new home. Very, very sweet!!!!

Hello. Thought I'd ask a question don't know if this is the right place but here I go.
I always wondered what would happen if you snuck a rooster into the zoo? Our zoo has free ranging peacocks with fresh grass.they are all spoiled rotten along with ducks and geese ect. (No chickens... yet) They are allowed to go by lunch areas and eat scraps everyone enjoys feeding them. It is a bird paradise.
I was thinking it would be a nice life for a bird especially since many poor roos just get eaten. If you could just sneak them in they would fit right in with all the other birds. Slip them through a gate or over a short wall or slip the bird in a backpack and stroll in... probably illegal... but anyways a place where security is low set the bird loose in paradise.
So has anyone ever tried this? Or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom