Removing stains for showing on silkie

Quote:
Everything Sonoran Silkies said is right on track!
cool.png

Here she is, do I need to bathe her again? She still looks a little stained to me. I'm such a newbie!!!
This is only my second show.....

Showchicken001.jpg

Showchicken002.jpg

Do you have time to wash her again? She does look like she could use another washing on feet and head area. Try Lilpeeps and/or SonoranSilkies methods. They know what they are talking about. Her tail looks a little dry. IDK maybe just the pic.

Beautiful Golden.
wink.png
Little silkie looks like "What you what me to win like that?" in first pic.
lol.png

Last edited:
I agree, give another wash. I don't use dish detergent--it strips oils too much. I do like to use nicely scented shampoo, and have used liquid bath soap on occasion. One thing nice about dog and baby shampoos are that they are designed to not irritate eyes.

Let the soap set on any stained areas for awhile before rinsing, and letting vinegar set afterwards also helps.

When drying silkies, blow dry in the opposite direction that the feathers grow to fluff it more (kind of like leaning over to dry your hair). With regular feathers, dry in the direction they grow.

Quote:
Ok, I washed her again and the water looked dirty again. Now I rinsed and rinsed her yesterday the water was clear so I HOPE something helped this time!
LOL

She is flat as a pancake right now and I hope she fluffs enough by saturday...
Thanks everyone!! here she is after the second bath...
bath2003.jpg

bath2002.jpg

bath2004.jpg

I'm not sure the bird needs to go through another bath. I would show it as it is. It also depends on the show. It is a ice silkie, but the bigger shows have some excelent silkies yours will not compete with.

Back
Top Bottom