Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

That tubing setup is interesting, but I've been just opening the door 3 or more times daily. I already have the two slots filled with the wires
for the turners & a thermometer probe, so don't think I need any other wires coming out of my Reptipro 600.
lol.png

I've been alternating moving the turners with eggs from top to bottom weekly, hopefully compensating for the temp differences.
Of the first set of turkey eggs 4 are developed and are at day 18, so hopefully I'll see how these make out in a week. Like I mentioned
previously I will move the eggs to my hovabator hatcher at day 25.

Last edited:
I want to share a quick tip for less mess. I put a paper towel sheet on the very bottom. To reduce the chicks down feathers from going inside the fan or all inside the incubator. I bought a sheet of air conditioner replacement filters from the Dollar General. I cut it to size and put it over the fan that is sucking air. My incubator was a breeze to clean. I hardly had any down feathers in the bator.

I want to share a quick tip for less mess. I put a paper towel sheet on the very bottom. To reduce the chicks down feathers from going inside the fan or all inside the incubator. I bought a sheet of air conditioner replacement filters from the Dollar General. I cut it to size and put it over the fan that is sucking air. My incubator was a breeze to clean. I hardly had any down feathers in the bator.

nice tip... thanks!

I just use canned air to spray out the fan.. course that blows chick down everywhere.. but so far it works for me..
lau.gif

but your idea does sound like it would take care of a lot of that!..

I think a hepa filter may work well too.. (would have to test it to see about air flow though)

Hey guys,

I have a problem that maybe you could help me with.
It looks like I got called out of town and I will have to be gone for 6 days next week.. The thing is, I set 15 eggs in my Reptipro Tuesday night.
The temp is holding steady, and my egg turner is working just fine. I had to set it on the very bottom to get a constant temperature. (the turner lifts the eggs to a one degree difference on the shelves)
I have the door held shut with packing tape on the upper half, leaving a small crack on the lower half of the door for oxygen. (The door is just touching the cabinet but not latching)
I have a small dish on the middle shelf and the humidity is ok, but man does that thing evaporate! I have to refill that dish every two days!
There is my problem! How do I get water into that dish when I'm not here? I've tried to think of some kind of slow release system, but to so far I can't think of anything. Do sponges take longer to dry out?

Has anyone conquered a problem like this?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have a problem that maybe you could help me with.
It looks like I got called out of town and I will have to be gone for 6 days next week.. The thing is, I set 15 eggs in my Reptipro Tuesday night.
The temp is holding steady, and my egg turner is working just fine. I had to set it on the very bottom to get a constant temperature. (the turner lifts the eggs to a one degree difference on the shelves)
I have the door held shut with packing tape on the upper half, leaving a small crack on the lower half of the door for oxygen. (The door is just touching the cabinet but not latching)
I have a small dish on the middle shelf and the humidity is ok, but man does that thing evaporate! I have to refill that dish every two days!
There is my problem! How do I get water into that dish when I'm not here? I've tried to think of some kind of slow release system, but to so far I can't think of anything. Do sponges take longer to dry out?

Has anyone conquered a problem like this?

just don't worry about the humidity while you're gone.. I incubate dry.. I have found that the humidity in the house is plenty high for the eggs while they are incubating (I'm in a drought prone area of Texas).. plus a slight dip in your humidity during those days is no big deal .. if you find that the air cells are a bit too big when you get home you can always raise up the humidity to compensate

Just completed my 1st setting of turkey eggs in the reptipro, none hatched.
I did not add any water to the reptipro the whole incubation, and opened the door about 3 times daily, but when I candled on day 25 I noticed the aircells were very small, I knew there were issues
then. So unless you live in a very dry climate the reptipro since it has no adequate ventilation will not allow the eggs to adequately dehydrate naturally.
I will try the reptipro again, but not before I determine how I can allow for more adequate ventilation in this incubator.

Just completed my 1st setting of turkey eggs in the reptipro, none hatched.
I did not add any water to the reptipro the whole incubation, and opened the door about 3 times daily, but when I candled on day 25 I noticed the aircells were very small, I knew there were issues
then. So unless you live in a very dry climate the reptipro since it has no adequate ventilation will not allow the eggs to adequately dehydrate naturally.
I will try the reptipro again, but not before I determine how I can allow for more adequate ventilation in this incubator.

so.... you never monitored the eggs while they were incubating?.. if not why blame the incubator for your lack of attention to the needs of the eggs?
You also never posted the condition of the eggs.. just that they have "small air cells" which could have been easily remedied had you monitored them during incubation

I hate to tell you but all incubators work on the relative humidity in your home..
Every time you open the door you exchange the air from your home into the incubator.. so it sounds as if the relative humidity in your home was too high..

to solve that issue (and this has been stated before in multiple posts on the board)
you add a dish of plain white uncooked rice or silica gel packets
the rice would need to be stirred about once a day
both of these will help absorb excess humidity

ANY incubator in the same situation would have issues with the humid air.. to blame the incubator is just an excuse in this case

sorry if I come off a bit harsh here.. but it's akin to blaming the incubator for failing to hatch infertile eggs

The humidity in my home seems to be about 24.
With the Reptipro door shut but not latched, the resulting opening is allowing the oxygen in. I am holding it in place with packing tape. I set some bowls of water in the room because I'd be more comfortable with about a 26 or 28 humidity. Maybe that will work.

Back
Top Bottom