Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

hi every1...

Gotta ask (after reading this "book", 49 pages long...lol)
Also Surprised "Chris", actually took the step in respondin,
but that just shows GOOD customer service....NOT a good Product!

Whats the FINAL Pro's & Con's of the Reptipro 5000 & 6000??

I was thinkin of gettin one....but now, Im thinkin I better keep searchin!!
Plus, dont like the ideal of it not havin a "Lock Down" shelve for hatching!
& Usin duct tape r anything else is ridiculous.

I have an old antique GQF 1200 & 1202....their shelves r deep enough that I dont worry bout the lil ones fallin.
But would like to retire this Old Thang & get a New Incubator!!

HELP??

Just a curious note. I shut my RP 5000 off but didn't unplug it. The power has gone out twice for just a few min in the past couple weeks, both times when I was checking all the electrical I found my RP was turned on. So we shut it off and turned off the breaker to that room and sure enough when we turned the breaker back on the RP came on too. Needless to say I have now unplugged the RP.

Just a curious note. I shut my RP 5000 off but didn't unplug it. The power has gone out twice for just a few min in the past couple weeks, both times when I was checking all the electrical I found my RP was turned on. So we shut it off and turned off the breaker to that room and sure enough when we turned the breaker back on the RP came on too. Needless to say I have now unplugged the RP.
with mine, the fan runs all the time when the unit is "off".. unless I unplug it

the temperature only changes when I have it turned "on"

I can get one of these with egg turner, or a (new) Brinsea 20 eco for the same price. the Brinsea eco doesn't have any digital temp reading nor Humid control, So i'm not sure why I wouldn't go with the Reptipro.

If you guys had the choice, which one would you go with ?

I can get one of these with egg turner, or a (new) Brinsea 20 eco for the same price. the Brinsea eco doesn't have any digital temp reading nor Humid control, So i'm not sure why I wouldn't go with the Reptipro.

there isn't enough money in this world to get me to buy another Brinsea...

As far as I am concerned.. Reptipro all the way!

I can get one of these with egg turner, or a (new)  Brinsea 20 eco for the same price.  the Brinsea eco doesn't have any digital temp reading nor Humid control,  So i'm not sure why I wouldn't go with the Reptipro.

Gotta say I have an RP 5000, that I Love ! I don't have a turner, which I'd like, but I have great results. I particularly like hatching turkeys and ducks in it.

1st trial run for my Craiglist Reptipro 6000.
I am about to set some turkey eggs in it, I am still trying to figure out to make sure to supply proper ventilation using this incubator.
Since the fan is always running, does'nt the fan pull in any fresh air?

From what I've read the only way to bring in fresh air is to open up the door a couple times per day?

I have the egg turners so won't have to open the door to turn the eggs.

1st trial run for my Craiglist Reptipro 6000.
I am about to set some turkey eggs in it, I am still trying to figure out to make sure to supply proper ventilation using this incubator.
Since the fan is always running, does'nt the fan pull in any fresh air?

From what I've read the only way to bring in fresh air is to open up the door a couple times per day?

I have the egg turners so won't have to open the door to turn the eggs.

does your's have the notches by the door frame where the turner cord would feed through?

if so you can try running some air line tubing through one of the notches and connect it to a running aquarium air pump

unless Chris has made some changes to his original design there isn't any air exchange from outside to inside the incubator.. so I always open the door several times during the day and at night when I get up to allow for more fresh air to enter the incubator

does your's have the notches by the door frame where the turner cord would feed through?

if so you can try running some air line tubing through one of the notches and connect it to a running aquarium air pump

Now why didn't I think of that? You are such a genius

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom