Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

Thank You to everyone on this tread!......I have a readout on the shelf....been steady at 99 /35-45% , about A DEGREE to a 3 degree diffence from what the unit has been telling and I have turned the temp up or down when need on the unit it's self to maintain that perfect 99!

......I candled the silkies eggs I got from catdance silkies this morning @ only start of day 4 and all but one maybe because it is still early show an embryo.....totally impressed with this unit! Very steady..............But I mostly give the success so far to all of you here who did the testing before me......Thank You again for sharing your experience

Hope they progress nicely to day 21
big_smile.png

Thank You to everyone on this tread!......I have a readout on the shelf....been steady at 99 /35-45% , about A DEGREE to a 3 degree diffence from what the unit has been telling and I have turned the temp up or down when need on the unit it's self to maintain that perfect 99!

......I candled the silkies eggs I got from catdance silkies this morning @ only start of day 4 and all but one maybe because it is still early show an embryo.....totally impressed with this unit! Very steady..............But I mostly give the success so far to all of you here who did the testing before me......Thank You again for sharing your experience

big_smile.png
Good luck with those, let us know how it goes.
Even tho I use mine mostly as a hatcher and sometimes for ducks and guineas, I really like the options it gives me. I could easily use it full time if I give the borrowed Sportsman back
hide.gif

Last edited:
If you read the thread you will see that we use a trusted thermometer on the individual levels for our temps. What you need to know is what the temp is on the levels that you intend to use for incubation. Remember, you also need to be opening the door several times a day for air exchange due to the RP not having the same type of ventilation system as the styros.
Personally, while I know that my RP is typically set at 102-103, I ignore the read out and only go by the thermometer on the shelf.
I do have a thermometer in the incubator (Brinsea Spot Check). What I meant is last time I incubated I had it set to 99 and temp would go from 97 to 100. So I thought I would set it at 99 and forget about it this time around but Temp readout was a little diferent this time. I would assume it might be because Humidity is a little lower than last time. So I got it set and never check my trusted thermometer. My mistake nothing to do with the incubator which is great. I now have it set at 98 and its holding between 96.9 to 100.4
big_smile.png

big_smile.png

How did your silkies from Catdance progress? I ordered eggs after you :) Hope you have a great hatch! I am on day 12!

I'm on day 18....just locked down increased humidity to 75%.....I ordered a dozen she sent 18....15 made it into lockdown...all have beautiful aircells.....so excited...so happy I got the reptipro and get to open the door...starting to hear lil peeps every once in a while :)

I'm on day 18....just locked down increased humidity to 75%.....I ordered a dozen she sent 18....15 made it into lockdown...all have beautiful aircells.....so excited...so happy I got the reptipro and get to open the door...starting to hear lil peeps every once in a while :)

Oh I can't wait to see your chicks! I ordered 12 and got 18 too, so far all but one look great at day 13. Please post pics, what colors did you get? I have 2 Lavender, 1 Porcelain and then Partridge, Buff, Splash, Black and White! Sooooo excited :) Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom