Requirements for Geese

dopderbeck

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 22, 2014
I have a nice backyard chicken flock (8 hens) as well as 3 runner ducks. We have a good sized coop and run, and I'm adding on another portion of enclosed run. I'm intrigued by the possibility of adding a goose / geese. What is required for goose-keeping? Do they need a pond? What sort of feed? Do you need to have more than one goose, or can one goose be added to the sort of flock I mention?

Thanks.

Hello there, I have 30 chickens and 3 African geese, so far. All of my chickens and geese stay in the same coop. I have a stock tank in the run for my geese, as they do get very grumpy when they don't get access to water. I feed Nutrena All Flock, and they do very well on that.

I have a nice backyard chicken flock (8 hens) as well as 3 runner ducks. We have a good sized coop and run, and I'm adding on another portion of enclosed run. I'm intrigued by the possibility of adding a goose / geese. What is required for goose-keeping? Do they need a pond? What sort of feed? Do you need to have more than one goose, or can one goose be added to the sort of flock I mention?

Thanks.
Remember geese main diet is grass and they need excess to it all during the day and at night you can give them feed for waterfowl.

Back
Top Bottom