rhode Island red- hen or cocks

leghorn4

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 8, 2013
It's been about three weeks ago when I posted picture of my chicks. I still don't the sex of 3 of the 4 of them. Can you please help me? They are now 20 weeks old and nobody is crowing and haven't seen any sparring either so hoping they are all pullets. They have all being making the egg noise along with my other rir hens.
No.1
this one is little pop. we are certain she is a pullet.
We have seen the rooster "jump" her so we think she is a pullet.

No.2

This is pip. it's comb is starting to flop over to one side which i think is impossible in roosters. S/he feathers are an orange colour which makes me think it could be a production chicken.

No.3
This is nike. s/he was calmed down a lot and is not sparring or attacking any more. that is another photo of pip in the background.

No.4

finally we have beast.

the one in the front is beast. on the left is pip and nike is in the backround. thanks

Not sure on all of them. Sorry
fl.gif

I think you have all females. They all have the same size comb. Since they're 20 weeks and they're getting bigger combs it looks like they are maturing. Check for the squat.

If they are really 20 weeks old, probably pullets. A couple look suspiciously male, but at 20 weeks should be showing more male characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom